paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 15:52

Three months to go to pauly2con and I thought I'd start a thread. Last year I wrote:

paulyg wrote:Perhaps this is slightly ridiculous but...

A few people have noted (when out at The Cast Are Dice weekend or similar) that "we could just do this but at someone's house - we've got loads of games we haven't played". So I'm doing it! It's vaguely near my birthday, I've got permission and it's all systems go for paulygcon (blame Lizzy for the name).

On the evening of Friday 13th November and all day on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th come over and play some games. We've got loads we haven't played and you probably have too! We'll do some food and stuff! Come for some of it or all of it! Let me know if you can make it! Don't make me stubbornly play solitaire Firefly on my own all weekend!

The plan is to do the same again this year, only the dates are different.

pauly2con will be the evening of the 11th November and all day on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th November! Put it in your diary, note it in your phone, scrawl it on the back of a nearby friend, but don't forget it!

All are welcome, there will once again be lots of games, food and drink and hopefully plenty of fun. If you think you'll be able to make it then I'd appreciate it if you let me know in this thread so I can start to get a vague idea of how many people might be there each day. Let the countdown begin...
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  psychomansam on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 16:08

paulyg wrote:Three months to go to pauly2con and I thought I'd start a thread. Last year I wrote:

paulyg wrote:Perhaps this is slightly ridiculous but...

A few people have noted (when out at The Cast Are Dice weekend or similar) that "we could just do this but at someone's house - we've got loads of games we haven't played". So I'm doing it! It's vaguely near my birthday, I've got permission and it's all systems go for paulygcon (blame Lizzy for the name).

On the evening of Friday 13th November and all day on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th come over and play some games. We've got loads we haven't played and you probably have too! We'll do some food and stuff! Come for some of it or all of it! Let me know if you can make it! Don't make me stubbornly play solitaire Firefly on my own all weekend!

The plan is to do the same again this year, only the dates are different.

pauly2con will be the evening of the 11th November and all day on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th November! Put it in your diary, note it in your phone, scrawl it on the back of a nearby friend, but don't forget it!

All are welcome, there will once again be lots of games, food and drink and hopefully plenty of fun. If you think you'll be able to make it then I'd appreciate it if you let me know in this thread so I can start to get a vague idea of how many people might be there each day. Let the countdown begin...

It's been a long time since a certain large 4x game was played...
avatar
psychomansam
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 459
Join date : 2015-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 16:26

psychomansam wrote:It's been a long time since a certain large 4x game was played...
Quite right! Aneurin and I are trying to figure out a suitable date for that (I probably want to keep it separate to paulygcon) - hopefully won't be too long.

I also haven't forgotten our conversation about a day of Cosmic Encounter... in fact I think I might have a couple of potential dates for that. I'll send you a message.
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Sam on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 17:53

I'm in. What time did you finish on Friday last year? I'll probably try and come down on Friday but won't be till 7 or 7:30. Then I'll come on either Saturday or Sunday but probably not both unless I want to.
avatar
Sam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 949
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 18:14

Sam wrote:I'm in. What time did you finish on Friday last year? I'll probably try and come down on Friday but won't be till 7 or 7:30. Then I'll come on either Saturday or Sunday but probably not both unless I want to.
"Unless I want to" is a good get-out for all situations.

I think last year we finished about 23.30ish on the Friday so there will be plenty of time for games.

I've also got a couple of friends coming up from London, one of whom is interested in playing some sort of mini Star Realms / Colony Wars tournament over the course of the weekend in between other things.
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  karl_b on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 18:46

This sounds great Paul, count me in. Not for TI!
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 779
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Jamie on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 19:33

karl_b wrote:This sounds great Paul, count me in. Not for TI!

Ditto, ditto and ditto! Wink
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1155
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  DaveB on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 19:42

I'll be along for most of it, Sannah will be long for at least some too Smile
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1269
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  RikTheChief on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 00:38

I missed the last one so I will try and make it this time
avatar
RikTheChief
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 263
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 45
Location : High Green

View user profile http://www.deepfall.moonfruit.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Aneurin on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 07:14

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I should be there for one of the evenings. Probably Saturday. Bet you wish you had ordered generic Paulygcon lanyards now Wink. Birthday Rebellion?

Will there be an updated logo?
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 09:58

Aneurin wrote:You're gonna need a bigger boat.

I should be there for one of the evenings. Probably Saturday. Bet you wish you had ordered generic Paulygcon lanyards now Wink. Birthday Rebellion?

Will there be an updated logo?
I'm hoping Kes might come up with a new logo, yes :-) More fun to have new lanyards!
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Kes on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 17:29

Yeah I'll do it
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 17:30

Kes wrote:Yeah I'll do it
Huzzah! Thank you.
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  PaulC on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 17:59

Doesn't clash with Harriet's birthday, so I should be able to come for more than just a coyote of hours this time! Will confirm.
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1523
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 44
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Kes on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 20:27



avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Kes on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 20:28

I'll send you the PNGs if you need em
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Lizzy on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 20:55

I see what you did there
avatar
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1252
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Kes on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 21:49

It was kats idea in fairness
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  JohnH on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 23:14

That's actually pretty good Very Happy

I'm wondering if 7th continent will have arrived by then... (i'm thinking no)

avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 338
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Aneurin on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 23:35

Am I missing the G? From
PaulyGcon?
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Kes on Fri 12 Aug 2016, 23:50

It's been subtitled by Kat so a toucan could be incorporated
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 30
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Jamie on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 00:10

Kes wrote:It's been subtitled by Kat so a toucan could be incorporated

Surely you mean a twocon? Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1155
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  paulyg on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 08:01

I love it, Kes! And yes please to the png files.

In the spirit of board gaming, I'm going to suggest that it's not a toucan but a 2-4can (play this game). Oh dear.
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  karl_b on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 08:34

I think PaulG2 should also hold a convention. PaulG21Con?
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 779
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  karl_b on Sat 13 Aug 2016, 08:36

Excellent logo btw Kes. I'll make sure to bring Animal upon Animal because as I always say, to rapturous laughter from small humans, "toucan play this game."

Because of the toucans....

Two...can....

Oh forget it.
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 779
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: paulygcon2: pauly2con (11th - 13th November 2016)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum