Tuesday 23rd August

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Jen_K on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:00

I'd like to play Pillars of the Earth

Jen_K
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 79
Join date : 2015-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Meurig on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:04

Aneurin wrote:So I should be there but not until 7pm. I'll eat at home. I'm keen to play Lewis & Clark or Mare Nostrum. Both 5 players...

Anyone game?

Lewis & Clark
1- Aneurin
2- John H
3-
4-
5-
I'll play if you don't mind me joining you again.
avatar
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 151
Join date : 2016-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Dale on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:08

AntW wrote:I'd like to play Vast if there's a spot left, which would make me the Thief?

Sure, no probs.
avatar
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-07-12
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Kes on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:20

It looks really cool actually. My mission of waking up and running away is a bit odd. I would prefer to have to kill and eat Lizzy's knight.
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1501
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 31
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Dale on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 12:27

Kes wrote:It looks really cool actually. My mission of waking up and running away is a bit odd. I would prefer to have to kill and eat Lizzy's knight.

Scaredy cat dragon Very Happy
avatar
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-07-12
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Aneurin on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:19

Meurig wrote:
Aneurin wrote:So I should be there but not until 7pm. I'll eat at home. I'm keen to play Lewis & Clark or Mare Nostrum. Both 5 players...

Anyone game?

Lewis & Clark
1- Aneurin
2- John H
3- Meurig
4-
5-
I'll play if you don't mind me joining you again.

It'll be our pleasure. Our domination of heavy euros continues. Thinking of Prodigals club afterwards if there is time
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2749
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Jon M on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:09

RikTheChief wrote:I've managed to find a 2nd hand copy of Pillars of the Earth, I got it because it's always appearing on the Dice Tower top 10 lists. Plays 4 in about 90-120 minutes

Worker placement game about building a Cathedral in the Middle Ages.

Rick
Jen
..........
..........

Put me down for some pillars action !
avatar
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 222
Join date : 2011-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  AdamB on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 14:14

I'd like to try Pillars of the Earth too. Heard good things about it.

AdamB
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-03-03
Age : 43
Location : Norton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Aneurin on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 09:50

John & Meurig - I won't be down until around 7.30-8pm
So play a filler until I get there!

Sorry! Will be as quick as I can.
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2749
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Meurig on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 10:26

I'll bring Cube Quest down, John.
avatar
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 151
Join date : 2016-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  psychomansam on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 11:02

Aneurin wrote:
Meurig wrote:
Aneurin wrote:So I should be there but not until 7pm. I'll eat at home. I'm keen to play Lewis & Clark or Mare Nostrum. Both 5 players...

Anyone game?

Lewis & Clark
1- Aneurin
2- John H
3- Meurig
4-
5-
I'll play if you don't mind me joining you again.

It'll be our pleasure. Our domination of heavy euros continues. Thinking of Prodigals club afterwards if there is time

I'll take that last slot if poss.

Might bring down Notre Dame if anyone has time for something a bit simpler / quicker afterwards.
avatar
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 530
Join date : 2015-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Realfinney on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:34

Hi folks, I'm Andrew, I got talking to Aneurin the other day who mentioned you.

Will hopefully be stopping by tonight before 7pm. Be great to go on the reserve list for eclipse, other than that I'll bring some things down and am fairly easy.

Realfinney
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Aneurin on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:44

There should be space for Lewis and Clark Wink
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2749
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Jamie on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 16:52

Realfinney wrote:Be great to go on the reserve list for eclipse, other than that I'll bring some things down and am fairly easy.

Nice to meet you Andrew. I'll add you to the reserves list for Eclipse. Will get the game setup and ready to go for 7:00. If we have a no-show, you'll be able to jump in.

Just wanted to try it with 4 players tonight, and see how it pans out time wise. If you don't get in tonight, I'll be bringing it along again, so there'll be more opportunities to play.

Hope to bring it once a month or so, and depending on time constraints, we can up the number of rounds to 9 and introduce alien races and maybe 6 players. Doing all of that at once though, would probably take a bit too long for a Tuesday evening! See how we go tonight.

Jamie. Smile
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  SamVS on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 17:05

I'll be there. Will play anything going. Anyone got any ideas?
avatar
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Jamie on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 01:08

Great game of Eclipse, and a well deserved victory for Stephen! I didn't win (again, sadly, it's getting to be a habit) but enjoyed a little hot plasma missile death fest!

We only played 7 rounds and all with humans, there was quite a bit of explaining rules and game mechanics, but we managed to finish just in time.

Hope you all enjoyed it!
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1199
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 01:19

Really enjoyed tonight, even in the heat.

It was the first time i've gotten to play Cube Quest, and after some initial heavy handedness I think I got the hang of it. Light, fun, quick. Apologies to the guys I hit with my stray goblins.

Lewis & Clark was a really good game. I feel I cheated it a bit as my whole strategy relied upon being behind everyone, taking my time and letting the others all get ahead, before leapfrogging into the lead. I only ever used 3 cards to move (and 1 of those only once to round it all off). I do think this partiular run through was a bit anticlimactic though, and it seemed the last few rounds we were just waiting for me to end the game.

Notre Dame was brilliant. I reckon we timed it just about perfectly and it packed so much game into that 45mins. I wish it had more variability, but the expansion has eluded me for ages now. Meurig won with an amazing score, and I don't think he ever helped out in building the cathedral.

Unlucky Aneurin, maybe you'll win something next week? Smile
avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  paulyg on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:24

JohnH wrote:
Notre Dame was brilliant. I reckon we timed it just about perfectly and it packed so much game into that 45mins. I wish it had more variability, but the expansion has eluded me for ages now. Meurig won with an amazing score, and I don't think he ever helped out in building the cathedral.
I love Notre Dame (as does Kat)! But I didn't even know there was an expansion. If you find it then buy two copies :-)

I enjoyed our games last night. Vast was fun, though we all felt that the dragon seemed a bit OP. It could be that the strategy for other roles are a bit more subtle, though, or perhaps we have to work together better to stop that big lizard. Booze Barons is an interesting twist on deduction and hidden roles (in teams) but would probably be best at a high player count. And I continue to really enjoy Mainframe despite it being completely abstract with the most pasted on theme in the history of board games Smile
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:12

paulyg wrote:
JohnH wrote:
Notre Dame was brilliant. I reckon we timed it just about perfectly and it packed so much game into that 45mins. I wish it had more variability, but the expansion has eluded me for ages now. Meurig won with an amazing score, and I don't think he ever helped out in building the cathedral.
I love Notre Dame (as does Kat)! But I didn't even know there was an expansion. If you find it then buy two copies :-)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/165350/notre-dame-new-persons

Never released as a stand alone. Doubles the number of character cards leading to more variation in the game.





avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  paulyg on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:16

JohnH wrote:
paulyg wrote:
JohnH wrote:
Notre Dame was brilliant. I reckon we timed it just about perfectly and it packed so much game into that 45mins. I wish it had more variability, but the expansion has eluded me for ages now. Meurig won with an amazing score, and I don't think he ever helped out in building the cathedral.
I love Notre Dame (as does Kat)! But I didn't even know there was an expansion. If you find it then buy two copies :-)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/165350/notre-dame-new-persons

Never released as a stand alone. Doubles the number of character cards leading to more variation in the game.
Ah, yes, that sounds good. Only £340 on Amazon for the Treasure Chest! affraid
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:23

paulyg wrote:
JohnH wrote:
paulyg wrote:
JohnH wrote:
Notre Dame was brilliant. I reckon we timed it just about perfectly and it packed so much game into that 45mins. I wish it had more variability, but the expansion has eluded me for ages now. Meurig won with an amazing score, and I don't think he ever helped out in building the cathedral.
I love Notre Dame (as does Kat)! But I didn't even know there was an expansion. If you find it then buy two copies :-)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/165350/notre-dame-new-persons

Never released as a stand alone. Doubles the number of character cards leading to more variation in the game.
Ah, yes, that sounds good. Only £340 on Amazon for the Treasure Chest! affraid

Yeah, like you said, if you could get 2 copies....
avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Aneurin on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:26

JohnH wrote:Unlucky Aneurin, maybe you'll win something next week? Smile

Nah - I'd like to continue my current losing streak for a while longer.

Have you tried Pm'ing Stefan? He might send the artwork out so you can get them printed for the club? He can only say no.
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2749
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  DaveB on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:27

paulyg wrote:And I continue to really enjoy Mainframe despite it being completely abstract with the most pasted on theme in the history of board games Smile

Yeah I really enjoy Mainframe. I'm not very good at it though!

Merchants & Marauders was a very interesting game last night - it was much less confrontational (at least at the start) than I've seen in the past - much bigger focus on Merchanting.

I managed some truly spectacular arsing up of resolving a rumor that cost me my captain and quite a bit of progress due to a complete failing to understand text properly Smile

It seems, however, that every time I play that I enjoy it more, which can only be a good sign!
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  AntW on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:29

paulyg wrote:I enjoyed our games last night. Vast was fun, though we all felt that the dragon seemed a bit OP. It could be that the strategy for other roles are a bit more subtle, though, or perhaps we have to work together better to stop that big lizard.

I also really enjoyed Vast, it it definitely seemed like we was doing something wrong for the Dragon to have such an easy time. I think we may have done the odd thing wrong, but it wouldn't have changed the game much if at all... Just seemed too easy for the Dragon to feast on the Goblins so they ended up doing not a great deal, while the Dragon just snowballed to victory. Maybe the Knight needed more assistance from the Cave with treasures and use the Thief as death fodder to mass Grit fast? It was fun though Smile
avatar
AntW
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-05-31
Age : 28
Location : Ecclesfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  paulyg on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:31

AntW wrote:
paulyg wrote:I enjoyed our games last night. Vast was fun, though we all felt that the dragon seemed a bit OP. It could be that the strategy for other roles are a bit more subtle, though, or perhaps we have to work together better to stop that big lizard.

I also really enjoyed Vast, it it definitely seemed like we was doing something wrong for the Dragon to have such an easy time. I think we may have done the odd thing wrong, but it wouldn't have changed the game much if at all... Just seemed too easy for the Dragon to feast on the Goblins so they ended up doing not a great deal, while the Dragon just snowballed to victory. Maybe the Knight needed more assistance from the Cave with treasures and use the Thief as death fodder to mass Grit fast? It was fun though Smile
Yes, I suspect that having played it once we'd all now be much more focused on giving the dragon a hard time from the start. Or perhaps adjusting the difficulty settings for some of the characters. I like the amount of variety in the game with all the scenarios and variants - possibly just needs a bit of 'tuning' to get a more satisfying game?
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1804
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:42

Aneurin wrote:
JohnH wrote:Unlucky Aneurin, maybe you'll win something next week? Smile

Nah - I'd like to continue my current losing streak for a while longer.

Have you tried Pm'ing Stefan? He might send the artwork out so you can get them printed for the club? He can only say no.


contact... Stefan Feld?

affraid
avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 23rd August

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum