Keith's Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keith's Games

Post  kjpw_88 on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 22:52

So here is my collection:

Civilization: The Board Game with the Fame and Fortune expansion
Mansions of Madness with the Forbidden Alchemy expansion and all Print on Demand scenarios
Blood Bowl Team Manager: The Card Game
Arkham Horror with all expansions
War of the Ring Second Edition
Defenders of the Realm
Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon
Elder Sign
Merchants and Marauders
Mage Knight
Call of Cthulhu LCG
Warhammer Invasion LCG
Lord of the Rings LCG with Khazad Dum expansion and all Adventure Packs
Pandemic

If anyone wants me to bring a game down on one of the evenings I am more than happy to, just ask Smile

kjpw_88
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keith's Games

Post  Evilevan on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 18:46

Keith! - I meant to have a quick chat with you yesterday... but my brain got sucked dry by Agricola and I forgot to catch you before you left...

I am a big fan of anything Cthulhu Mythos related, and I would love to play Arkham Horror and Mansions of Madness. So far I've not had the opportunity to play either... There seems to be a bit of a feeling of reluctance at the Sheffield Boardgamers to get into those games on a Tuesday night I think - because a few people turn up at 8ish, and by that time it's too late to get into a game that could potentially last a good while. I'm just wondering if we could arrange some games for another time? Maybe at someone's house?? - Perhaps people could post here if they're also interested??

Also - I've got a box full of the Call of Cthulhu CCG cards I've collected and never played with. I notice you've got the LCG... I'd definately be up for some games of that also!!

Evan. Very Happy
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  kjpw_88 on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 23:08

Evan!

That will be brilliant! Really don't get much opportunity to play Mansions of Madness much.

I'm definitely up for meeting up outside of the usual Tuesday sessions, the more I get to game the better. As for venue, my flat is tiny, could probably host four at the most, and we would be sat on fold up chairs! Other than that feel free to suggest another venue.

As for the time, I am free whenever, being as it is my summer after finishing Uni. So it's up to you when we meet up.

Look forward to all the Cthulhu related gaming in the form of Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness and Call of Cthulhu! Very Happy

kjpw_88
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:26

It's not that [we] dislike Cthulhu related gaming (well I absolutely hate Arkham horror but thats another story) it's just time (people arriving late, people leaving to catch buses etc) and the vast choice of other games to play. I also find that with games that are story driven (like Arkham and Mansions) you need immersion and thus everyone concentrating on the game at hand. If people are distracted across tables it can ruin the experience... as it did for me with Arkham.

We actually already do what Evan has proposed... there are quite often MoM events (and other longer games - I used to organise 8 player TI3 all dayers... before my 2nd child came along) outside club time. Marc (Marcindore) and Morgan (MaJiK) are the guys to speak too about Cthulhu related gaming. Obviously MoM is limited to 5 players and with people playing who don't attend the club or use the forum, often the invites don't get posted here. But I'm sure they will both be up for more MoM/AH gaming so just give them a PM.

I'd also be happy to play with you guys and can host at my place given enough notice to prep SWMBO. Next Tuesday I think Steve is up from London and we might be trying to get a game of Eclipse in... I'll make sure I post the details up on the forum...

Aneurin
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilevan on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 17:46

Just got back from the wilds of Derbyshire after a few days away... thanks for the info on the out-of-club Cthulhu games... maybe Keith and myself can get in on those? - I'll send Marc a message - or otherwise we can organise some games anyway for another time. Tuesdays are usually good for me, so I could always make it out on the alternative to club night. Other nights in the week I can make it out depend on weather my wife is working late or not....
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  marcindore on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 22:58

Happy to play Mansions of Madness or Arkham Horror and very happy to host. We have a dining room with a large table, which is definitely an advantage for either game! However, I'm not going to be around for most of the summer. A teacher's lot! I should be back on the 4th September at the club meet and we can arrange a game of something then. I have a fair selection of games to choose from if anything else takes your fancy (marcindore is also my BGG username; the list is too long to try posting to this forum). Meanwhile, have fun with the LCG!

Oh, and I agree with Aneurin that playing down the pub just doesn't feel right for long immersive games. To date AH and MoM have taken at least 4 hours and I want somewhere a little more comfortable. Must be getting old!

Marc

marcindore
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top