Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Santa Claus on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 am

Democracy has spoken. The SBGC annual Christmas Party will be on Tuesday 18th December 7pm - late at our usual venue - The University Arms.

Cost £10 - includes buffet and PitchCar competition entry.

For those new to the club, this is a time where all the club members come together to play party style games (you can play anything really) - eat some great food - and dish out some prizes in our Pitchcar and board gaming fancy dress competitions (prizes are supported by a £1 entry fee and the remaining club kitty for 2018 - before we rattle the tin for your annual subs of £2 in January/February). There will also be a secret Santa event and you get to sit on my knee when I come to dish out the generous gifts.

All you have to do is sign up by reply in this thread. Say who you are, who you are bringing (great time for those +1s), your dietary requirements and whether you want to be part of the secret Santa (you need to buy a gift). Then pay either of my willing elves; Aneurin or Karb. It's that easy.

For reference - you will be having a buffet served around 7-30-8pm. The Uni Arms offers the following for our culinary pleasure -

Selection of sandwiches (Turkey and stuffing, honey roasted gammon and mustard, brie and cranberry, smoked salmon and cream cheese)
Pigs in blankets
Stilton topped pork pie
Rosemary salt roasted new potatoes
Seasonal vegetarian quiche
Selected petit fours (or mince pies)

In addition -
Ian - Will be organizing a Mars Open flicking golf comp.
Scott - Will be organizing a Striga Ice Hockey comp.
Aneurin/Karlb -Will be hosting Christistance/Santalon (help find my bad elves)

If you have any other bright ideas you would like to contribute - shout up.

Unit then - Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas.

List of happy folk:

Aneurin (SS)
Lizzy (SS)
Gary
TomC (SS)
Polly
DaveB (SS)
Sannah
PaulyG (SS)
KarlB (SS/V)
Kes
IanM (SS)
Scott (SS)
Adam (SS)
PaulC (SS)
DanO (SS)
JamesETT
AntW
DocZ
Arun
Rachel

Angelo
MikeD
Christos
Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 41
Join date : 2015-11-26
Age : 18
Location : Lapland

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Aneurin on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 am

Wow - This sounds great Santa. Happy to help as usual. Sign me up...

Aneurin - no +1s - all things meaty - Secret Santa.

P.S. I made your post a global announcement.
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2914
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Lizzy on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:26 am

Gary and I will be there. No dietary requirements. I'll do secret santa
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1437
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  BeardyTom on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:40 am

I'll bring Polly and Polly will bring me. No dietary requirements. Count me in for secret Santa.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 714
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 43
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  DaveB on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am

Sannah and I will both be along, no dietary issues worth mentioning. I'll do SS, but she won't Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  paulyg on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:20 am

I'll be there. No dietary requirements and I'll do Secret Santa!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2010
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 41
Location : Greenhill

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  karl_b on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:34 am

I'll be there (veggie option please) and in for SS - what's the budget? £10-15?
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1089
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 34
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  DaveB on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:49 am

karl_b wrote:I'll be there (veggie option please) and in for SS - what's the budget? £10-15?

Historically it's been £15, which I'm happy to continue with.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Kes on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:54 pm

I’ll be there
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1629
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 33
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Scott_Fryer on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Im in, all the foods, and secret santa too
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Waverley

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Ianm on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Yep I am in. I might as well give secret Santa a go. Although I pity the fool who I get. I am shit at buying presents. Hopefully an elf may help me out.
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 315
Join date : 2016-11-08
Age : 43
Location : Sheffield.

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Ianm on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:25 pm

P.s. happy to eat all the above
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 315
Join date : 2016-11-08
Age : 43
Location : Sheffield.

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Samuel_C on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Sadly I can't make it Sad (I've got another Xmas do that evening!)

Hope you all have fun (and games. Obviously...)
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 308
Join date : 2016-10-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  DanOakey on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 am

I will be coming, no +1s, no dietary requirements and I’m in for secret Santa.

DanOakey
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 1
Join date : 2018-03-22

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  AdamB on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:49 am

I'll be along, no dietry requirements and I'll do secret Santa this year.

AdamB
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-03-03
Age : 45
Location : Norton

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  AntW on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Of course I am in. Smile
AntW
AntW
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 143
Join date : 2016-05-31
Age : 30
Location : Ecclesfield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  JamesETT on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm

I'll be attending. Looking forward to it.
JamesETT
JamesETT
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Doc Z on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Excellent! I'll be there

Edit: Oop, you wanted more info. I don't eat pig, but looks as though I can double up on other stuff. Won't do Secret Santa because I'm a terrible human being Very Happy
Doc Z
Doc Z
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-07-17
Location : North Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Arun Cheesus on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:30 pm

I will be there with my girlfriend Rachael.

I have the Pitchcar trophy from last year which I shall bring and then retain. Can being my copy of Pitchcar if needed too.
Won't be dressing up or secret Santaing though.

I have paid Liz £20 For us.
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 186
Join date : 2016-02-03
Age : 32
Location : Woodseats, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  PaulC on Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Hey, put me down for Secret Santa!

I'll also bring Carrom for some extra flicky fun.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 47
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  PaulC on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 am

Santa Claus wrote:Democracy has spoken. The SBGC annual Christmas Party will be on Tuesday 18th December 7pm - late at our usual venue - The University Arms.

Cost £10 - includes buffet and PitchCar competition entry.

For those new to the club, this is a time where all the club members come together to play party style games (you can play anything really) - eat some great food - and dish out some prizes in our Pitchcar and board gaming fancy dress competitions (prizes are supported by a £1 entry fee and the remaining club kitty for 2018 - before we rattle the tin for your annual subs of £2 in January/February). There will also be a secret Santa event and you get to sit on my knee when I come to dish out the generous gifts.

All you have to do is sign up by reply in this thread. Say who you are, who you are bringing (great time for those +1s), your dietary requirements and whether you want to be part of the secret Santa (you need to buy a gift). Then pay either of my willing elves; Aneurin or Karb. It's that easy.

For reference - you will be having a buffet served around 7-30-8pm. The Uni Arms offers the following for our culinary pleasure -

Selection of sandwiches (Turkey and stuffing, honey roasted gammon and mustard, brie and cranberry, smoked salmon and cream cheese)
Pigs in blankets
Stilton topped pork pie
Rosemary salt roasted new potatoes
Seasonal vegetarian quiche
Selected petit fours (or mince pies)

In addition -
Ian - Will be organizing a Mars Open flicking golf comp.
Scott - Will be organizing a Striga Ice Hockey comp.
Aneurin/Karlb -Will be hosting Christistance/Santalon (help find my bad elves)

If you have any other bright ideas you would like to contribute - shout up.

Unit then - Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas.

List of happy folk:

Aneurin (SS)
Lizzy (SS)
Gary
TomC (SS)
Polly
DaveB (SS)
Sannah
PaulyG (SS)
KarlB (SS/V)
Kes
IanM (SS)
Scott (SS)
Adam
PaulC
DanO (SS)

Unfortunately, I can no longer attend the Christmas party Sad Happy to still take part in the secret santa though (I'll send my gift with DaveB).
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 47
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  DaveB on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

Speaking of SS - when are we doing the draw?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Lizzy on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 am

DaveB wrote:Speaking of SS - when are we doing the draw?

I guess I'll do it tonight, but it's not looking like many people will be there
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1437
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  BeardyTom on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 am

Lizzy wrote:
DaveB wrote:Speaking of SS - when are we doing the draw?

I guess I'll do it tonight, but it's not looking like many people will be there

I, for one, won't be there tonight (I don't want to give my cold to all of you). I guess you'll have to rope someone in who's not a Secret Santaist to do the draw and let us know who we've got.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 714
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 43
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Scott_Fryer on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:48 am

We could always use https://www.drawnames.co.uk/secret-santa-generator , I've used it for other secret santa's and you get a handy email...

Happy to set it up if needed ?
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-03-05
Age : 44
Location : Waverley

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 18th December - Annual Christmas Party

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum