Tuesday 9th July

Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Tuesday 9th July

Post  karl_b on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 14:08

I'd like to play Gugong, an Expo purchase; from the Geek:

Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. The gift cards you offer as a player have to be of a higher value than the one you receive, forcing you to make strategic choices regarding which actions you want to take each turn.

To paraphrase SUSU: "...if this looks like your kind of game then it REALLY IS your kind of game."

Aiming to give it a whirl with 4:

1. Karl
2. Tom C
3. Rik
4. Evan

8pm start with a game of something (Azul?) beforehand.


Last edited by karl_b on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 14:33; edited 3 times in total
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1084
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 34
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  PaulC on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 16:27

karl_b wrote:I'd like to play Gugong, an Expo purchase; from the Geek:

Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. The gift cards you offer as a player have to be of a higher value than the one you receive, forcing you to make strategic choices regarding which actions you want to take each turn.

To paraphrase SUSU: "...if this looks like your kind of game then it REALLY IS your kind of game."

Aiming to give it a whirl with 4:

1. Karl
2.
3.
4.

I'd like to give that a go, Karl - but can't get to the club until around 8pm. If you are looking at starting earlier I will only be a little bit offended if you cast me aside!
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 46
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  DaveB on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 16:56

Can't make it next week, I'll be in Leeds getting deafened!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1717
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

View user profile https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  karl_b on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 18:02

PaulC wrote:
karl_b wrote:I'd like to play Gugong, an Expo purchase; from the Geek:

Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. The gift cards you offer as a player have to be of a higher value than the one you receive, forcing you to make strategic choices regarding which actions you want to take each turn.

To paraphrase SUSU: "...if this looks like your kind of game then it REALLY IS your kind of game."

Aiming to give it a whirl with 4:

1. Karl
2.
3.
4.

I'd like to give that a go, Karl - but can't get to the club until around 8pm. If you are looking at starting earlier I will only be a little bit offended if you cast me aside!

8pm start is fine by me.

Anyone for Azul/Welcome To... beforehand?
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1084
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 34
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  RikTheChief on Thu 04 Jul 2019, 10:32

karl_b wrote:I'd like to play Gugong, an Expo purchase; from the Geek:

Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. The gift cards you offer as a player have to be of a higher value than the one you receive, forcing you to make strategic choices regarding which actions you want to take each turn.

To paraphrase SUSU: "...if this looks like your kind of game then it REALLY IS your kind of game."

Aiming to give it a whirl with 4:

1. Karl
2. Paul C
3.
4.

8pm start with a game of something (Azul?) beforehand.

I'll join in on that one please Karl.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 578
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 47
Location : Wombwell

View user profile http://www.deepfall.moonfruit.com/

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  PaulC on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 10:47

karl_b wrote:
PaulC wrote:
karl_b wrote:I'd like to play Gugong, an Expo purchase; from the Geek:

Players take on the role of powerful Chinese families trying to gain influence and power by exchanging gifts with Officials. The gift cards you offer as a player have to be of a higher value than the one you receive, forcing you to make strategic choices regarding which actions you want to take each turn.

To paraphrase SUSU: "...if this looks like your kind of game then it REALLY IS your kind of game."

Aiming to give it a whirl with 4:

1. Karl
2.
3.
4.

I'd like to give that a go, Karl - but can't get to the club until around 8pm. If you are looking at starting earlier I will only be a little bit offended if you cast me aside!

8pm start is fine by me.

Anyone for Azul/Welcome To... beforehand?

Sorry Karl - my wife reminded me last night that it's my son's birthday tomorrow and therefore going to the pub would be frowned upon. Count me out. Sad
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 46
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  BeardyTom on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 10:51

PaulC wrote:

Sorry Karl - my wife reminded me last night that it's my son's birthday tomorrow and therefore going to the pub would be frowned upon. Count me out. Sad

Oh, in that case, could I sneak into the spot vacated by Paul?

I'll be arriving late as well, probably 7.30ish, so that would work out great for me. I did like the look of this game from SUSDs review.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 704
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 43
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  karl_b on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 14:34

Tom, you're in.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1084
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 34
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  SamVS on Mon 08 Jul 2019, 15:57

I'll be down, nothing planned, anyone got anything specific they went to play?
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1183
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  RikTheChief on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 12:08

I think myself and Jacob are going to play Diamant first which is a quick push-your-luck game about collecting gems from a cave. Should take about 30 minutes and takes up to 8 players if anyone wants to join us.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 578
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 47
Location : Wombwell

View user profile http://www.deepfall.moonfruit.com/

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  adamkadabra on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 13:17

I'll be heading down tonight. Will bring a few games like starship samurai, unfair, dice forge and more

adamkadabra
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 95
Join date : 2012-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 9th July Empty Re: Tuesday 9th July

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum