Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dates I can make for the Christmas Party @ The Redhouse

14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
24% 24% 
[ 5 ]
62% 62% 
[ 13 ]
 
Total Votes : 21

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 15:50

Ghost blitz would work well...

Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Evilevan on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 15:54

BANG! the dice game....??
avatar
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 440
Join date : 2012-03-07
Age : 45
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  paulyg on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:38

I'm very much in favour of games where we get to roll big handfuls of dice! Some good suggestions.
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1897
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 39
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Jamie on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:16

bigfloorpie wrote:Two rooms and a boom could be a good shout.

I've been looking at Two Room and a Boom too. Have you played it yet?

This seems to be the official website for the game: http://tuesdayknightgames.com/tworoomsandaboom/

I'd be quite happy to print a copy and try it out one Tuesday; just to check it out and see if it's a possible christmas party game. I like the idea of having a mass participation game, in addition to any competition oriented game we have; so something like Two Rooms and a Boom, or even Werewolf. Is it worth my printing it out and trying it out on Tuesday; ideally we'd need either 10 or 14 players (split in to 2 teams, with an odd number of people on each team; I guess 10 would be more realistic).

Any thoughts?
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:21

Half Term this coming week so might be quiet... perhaps PnP for early November?
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Jamie on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:29

Aneurin wrote:Half Term this coming week so might be quiet... perhaps PnP for early November?

Works for me! Assuming there's enough interest of course. I won't be able to make the first Tuesday in November, should be good for the 11th though.
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  karl_b on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 17:57

Are we set on the 16th then? What about a game, can we narrow it down to three and take a poll?

Everyone happy with £1 in? Patriot Games vouchers for first, second and third place?
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 32
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Jamie on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 23:05

karl_b wrote:Are we set on the 16th then? What about a game, can we narrow it down to three and take a poll?

Everyone happy with £1 in? Patriot Games vouchers for first, second and third place?

16th is good for me. Happy to chuck in a quid.

Not sure about Two Rooms and a Boom now. I've checked out the rules and printed some cards, but not too sure it would work well at all; and also, with it being a secret role game; not going to be everyone's cup of tea. If we did do a mass participation game, maybe Werewolf would be better? Dunno. I'll bring the Two Rooms and a Boom stuff I printed along on Tuesday, if anyone want's to check it out, it's there; if not, no worries.
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:24

karl_b wrote:Are we set on the 16th then? What about a game, can we narrow it down to three and take a poll?

Everyone happy with £1 in? Patriot Games vouchers for first, second and third place?

Yes I'll sort this out later tonight... New poll... And people can list what food stuff they will bring so we don't end up with a gazillion pork pies.
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:26

Oh and rather than 3rd place gaming prize I think we should have a food prize for gaming inspired food stuff... I remember a rather spectacular Catan based pizza last year...

One BITE ultimate werewolf anyone?
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  DaveB on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 15:57

Jamie wrote:Not sure about Two Rooms and a Boom now. I've checked out the rules and printed some cards, but not too sure it would work well at all; and also, with it being a secret role game; not going to be everyone's cup of tea. If we did do a mass participation game, maybe Werewolf would be better? Dunno. I'll bring the Two Rooms and a Boom stuff I printed along on Tuesday, if anyone want's to check it out, it's there; if not, no worries.

As has been mentioned before team-based games don't really lend themselves to our needs here - ideally we need something that would have sequential placement of players (so the first 1-3 players advance to the next round or whatever). - for that reason I don't think Werewolf would really suit (plus it can take a while when you have a bunch of people playing).

To be honest most "social deduction" games like that have the same problem - exception being Saboteur - one of the optional mechanics adds an individual scoring element.

I was wondering about suggesting La Bocca as a possible game - it's a six-player game that is played co-operatively but has individual scoring built in. There are at least two copies of the game within the club but I can probably borrow a third copy too - that would allow 18 players to partake simultaneously with the first two from each group advancing to a final.

Aneurin wrote:Oh and rather than 3rd place gaming prize I think we should have a food prize for gaming inspired food stuff... I remember a rather spectacular Catan based pizza last year...

One BITE ultimate werewolf anyone?

I think this is a great idea Smile
avatar
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1537
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Kes on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:27

I'm definitely up for the food prize. I've already had a great idea
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1569
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 32
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  PaulC on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 18:28

Kes wrote:I'm definitely up for the food prize. I've already had a great idea
Zombi-sides?
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1673
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 20:40

Paul wrote:
Kes wrote:I'm definitely up for the food prize. I've already had a great idea
Zombi-sides?

More likely.... Thai fighter curry
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Kes on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 01:20

I don't even know what that would be. Good pun but I don't think it would work as a food
avatar
Kes
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1569
Join date : 2013-04-01
Age : 32
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Lizzy on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:15

I'm fine with the 16th and putting a pound in. Food prize is a great idea, the pizza last year definitely deserved one. I also approve of Star Wars food-based puns, they're my favourite.

La Boca could work for the game. I like the idea of playing something where there's a level playing field and it doesn't matter if you haven't played the game before.
avatar
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1386
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  SamVS on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 23:33

King of Tokyo seems like the best option. Most of the group will be familiar with it by now, those that aren't will pick it up quickly, we have a bunch of copies, it plays the right number of players (four or five games of four or five or six players, winners go to the final) it plays in less than an hour, there are important choices to be made in the game but in practice anything could happen so there is potential for surprises and twists and all that good stuff.

The second best option is snap.
avatar
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Aneurin on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:49

..::[DarkMeeple666]::.. wrote:King of Tokyo seems like the best option. Most of the group will be familiar with it by now, those that aren't will pick it up quickly, we have a bunch of copies, it plays the right number of players (four or five games of four or five or six players, winners go to the final) it plays in less than an hour, there are important choices to be made in the game but in practice anything could happen so there is potential for surprises and twists and all that good stuff.

The second best option is snap.

I think a mix of games could work... the top 2 from each game coming together for a final game...
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2865
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 38
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  DaveB on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:53

Aneurin wrote:I think a mix of games could work... the top 2 from each game coming together for a final game...

I think we have enough suggestions for a decent poll Smile

King of Tokyo
La Boca
Saboteur
Pitch Car

At least a couple of others in the list
avatar
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1537
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Christmas Party - Dates and Games

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum