Tuesday 21st October

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tuesday 21st October

Post  PaulC on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 09:14

Sam250 wrote:Me and Ellis *and I* found Diplomacy at the bottom of the club under-seat-library, and I am so up for a 55 year-old six hour-long friendship-ruining world domination game. Plays seven, sign up now (not joking).

I'd love to play it - though finding an available six-hour window may be difficult.

PaulC
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 09:34

Sam250 wrote:Sat down at a table today with Lords of Waterdeep, Puerto Rico and Power Grid and ending up playing Coup, Avalon, King of Tokyo and Werewolf. FFS. Oh well, I had a blast with you guys today. Me and Ellis found Diplomacy at the bottom of the club under-seat-library, and I am so up for a 55 year-old six hour-long friendship-ruining world domination game. Plays seven, sign up now (not joking).

Funny story... my stag do consisted mostly of playing board games (of course). Someone bought me a copy of Diplomacy, and two of us spent around two hours trying to understand the rules (whilst everyone else played Pandemic and a few other things). In the end, my friend ended up with about 5 pages of notes of how he thought the rules should work which he took home at the end of the weekend to type up into a comprehensible rulebook. I'm still waiting for that...

That said, perhaps I just got a bad edition of it! I'd be up for giving it a go, but sounds like a Sunday session game...
paulyg
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 09:36

Sam250 wrote:Sat down at a table today with Lords of Waterdeep, Puerto Rico and Power Grid and ending up playing Coup, Avalon, King of Tokyo and Werewolf. FFS. Oh well, I had a blast with you guys today. Me and Ellis found Diplomacy at the bottom of the club under-seat-library, and I am so up for a 55 year-old six hour-long friendship-ruining world domination game. Plays seven, sign up now (not joking).

I really like Diplomacy so long as there are snacks available. If I start to feel hungry I tend to get a bit crabby and invade France.
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:52

The Sunday session maybe? I'm game, well so long as I'm not Germany Smile
Ellis
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveygee on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 13:14

I'd defo be up for Diplomacy, I've wanted to play that for years. Like Paul though, finding the time might be an issue...
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 13:37

GottabePandemic wrote:The Sunday session maybe? I'm game, well so long as I'm not Germany Smile

If you're having a game any other time then I would most likely volunteer but unfortunately I won't be at the Sunday session. I'm planning to spend most of that weekend as a half-orc barbarian.
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellis on Wed 22 Oct 2014, 19:03

Only half orc?

Best excuse ever.
Ellis
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel