Tuesday 11th November

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday 11th November

Post  Lizzy on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:21

So I got Colt Express this week and built it the other night and it looks Freakin' Awesome. The game plays out on a six carriage 3D train built out of cardboard. Kes, Paul and Paulyg have expressed interest in playing, but it plays 6, so room for more. I'll bring along Blueprints as well as I've not played it at club yet and it's a lovely little game.
avatar
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1358
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  DaveB on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:56

Lizzy wrote:So I got Colt Express this week and built it the other night and it looks Freakin' Awesome. The game plays out on a six carriage 3D train built out of cardboard. Kes, Paul and Paulyg have expressed interest in playing, but it plays 6, so room for more. I'll bring along Blueprints as well as I've not played it at club yet and it's a lovely little game.

Put me down as an interested party for Colt Express Smile

I'll be taking delivery of One Night Ultimate Werewolf before Tuesday so I'll be looking for people to take a pop at that at some point during the evening
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1475
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Jamie on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:20

DaveB wrote:I'll be taking delivery of One Night Ultimate Werewolf before Tuesday so I'll be looking for people to take a pop at that at some point during the evening

I'll definitely play One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Smile

Do you sleeve your cards by the way? I think it takes 56mm wide sleeves, and I used Standard USA size; but had to trim them a little (width was fine, just too tall). It's worth sleeving I think. Also, don't forget to check out the smartphone app for it.

I'll also bring Werewolf Inquisition, just in case. We played it a few weeks back, some said they'd like to play again...


Last edited by Jamie on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  DaveB on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:22

Jamie wrote:Do you sleeve your cards by the way? I think it takes 56mm wide sleeves, and I used Standard USA size; but had to trim them a little (width was fine, just too tall).

For the most part, no, I rarely bother (the one exception is "Legendary Encounters" as that game is a) all cards and b) expensive to replace and c) on relatively crappy cardstock)
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1475
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Jamie on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:24

DaveB wrote:
Jamie wrote:Do you sleeve your cards by the way? I think it takes 56mm wide sleeves, and I used Standard USA size; but had to trim them a little (width was fine, just too tall).

For the most part, no, I rarely bother (the one exception is "Legendary Encounters" as that game is a) all cards and b) expensive to replace and c) on relatively crappy cardstock)

No worries. I'm more than happy to bring sleeves along for it, if you want them? Smile
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  DaveB on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 16:28

Jamie wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Jamie wrote:Do you sleeve your cards by the way? I think it takes 56mm wide sleeves, and I used Standard USA size; but had to trim them a little (width was fine, just too tall).

For the most part, no, I rarely bother (the one exception is "Legendary Encounters" as that game is a) all cards and b) expensive to replace and c) on relatively crappy cardstock)

No worries. I'm more than happy to bring sleeves along for it, if you want them? Smile

Thanks, but I've got about 80 "standard"-sized sleeves left over from Legendary so if needs be I can use them - will see how it looks when I have the game in my hands Smile
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1475
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Jamie on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 17:21

avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  karl_b on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 17:54

Am I fighting a losing battle with heavier Eurogames?! I'll bring a couple plus Sons of Anarchy. I may even read the rules of my only unplayed game, Strozzi, and bring that down
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 32
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Aneurin on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:19

I'm up for a heavy euro game Karl... Flex those neurons
What were you thinking?

Caverna, Nieuw amsterdam, urban sprawl, dominant species, MIL...

Fancy any of those?

I can put them in the bag...
I also have Tiny Epic Kingdoms now... Plays in about 30mins
and happy to bring Alchemists for another 4 player whirl...
Then that reminds me of five tribes... Argh so many...
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Aneurin on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:22

DaveB wrote:
I'll be taking delivery of One Night Ultimate Werewolf before Tuesday so I'll be looking for people to take a pop at that at some point during the evening

Oooooo.... Exciting... Did you pay for quick delivery for Daybreak also?

Is the games trafficker coming along? I owe them a drink Wink
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  PaulC on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:56

I'll be bringing Tragedy Looper, if anyone fancies some Manga themed Cluedo/Groundhog Day action.
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  PaulC on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:58

Lizzy wrote:So I got Colt Express this week and built it the other night and it looks Freakin' Awesome. The game plays out on a six carriage 3D train built out of cardboard. Kes, Paul and Paulyg have expressed interest in playing, but it plays 6, so room for more. I'll bring along Blueprints as well as I've not played it at club yet and it's a lovely little game.
Damn right I'll be playing! Who can resist 3D cardboard trains?
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  DaveB on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 16:02

Aneurin wrote:
DaveB wrote:
I'll be taking delivery of One Night Ultimate Werewolf before Tuesday so I'll be looking for people to take a pop at that at some point during the evening

Oooooo.... Exciting... Did you pay for quick delivery for Daybreak also?

Is the games trafficker coming along? I owe them a drink Wink

I did pay for early shipping on Daybreak but we won't see that til early December Smile

I should have your copy of the game along with me too.

Alas the trafficker doesn't actually play games but I shall pass on your thanks to her!
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1475
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  SamVS on Sat 08 Nov 2014, 23:13

Paul, still good to bring Cyclades? If so, who's interested? Plays five.
avatar
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1081
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  PaulC on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 15:55

..::[DarkMeeple666]::.. wrote:Paul, still good to bring Cyclades? If so, who's interested? Plays five.
I think I'm booked up this week, Sam. I was planning on bringing it next week.
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Lizzy on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:12

Paul wrote:
..::[DarkMeeple666]::.. wrote:Paul, still good to bring Cyclades? If so, who's interested? Plays five.
I think I'm booked up this week, Sam. I was planning on bringing it next week.

Colt Express isn't long, Paul. There'll be time for other games after. I dunno how long Cyclades is.
avatar
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1358
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  PaulC on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:30

Lizzy wrote:
Paul wrote:
..::[DarkMeeple666]::.. wrote:Paul, still good to bring Cyclades? If so, who's interested? Plays five.
I think I'm booked up this week, Sam. I was planning on bringing it next week.

Colt Express isn't long, Paul. There'll be time for other games after. I dunno how long Cyclades is.

I haven't brushed up on the rules for Cyclades yet...
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Lizzy on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:39

Paul wrote:I haven't brushed up on the rules for Cyclades yet...

Fair enough! I'm also not going to rule out wanting to play Colt Express twice Very Happy

Can I sign up for Cyclades next week? I've not played it yet and wanna see how it compares to Kemet.
avatar
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1358
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  PaulC on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 06:41

Lizzy wrote:
Paul wrote:I haven't brushed up on the rules for Cyclades yet...

Fair enough! I'm also not going to rule out wanting to play Colt Express twice Very Happy

Can I sign up for Cyclades next week? I've not played it yet and wanna see how it compares to Kemet.

Sure thing!
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  paulyg on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:50

Yes please to Colt Express if there is still room :-)

And so many other amazing games to play! I've taken delivery of a few new ones of my own but will probably save those until work is a bit less busy and I have some time to read some rules!
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1841
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 39
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Evilevan on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 11:20

karl_b wrote:Am I fighting a losing battle with heavier Eurogames?! I'll bring a couple plus Sons of Anarchy. I may even read the rules of my only unplayed game, Strozzi, and bring that down

I can't make it this week - but I'm definitely up for some heavy Euro action soon Karl!! Very Happy
avatar
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 437
Join date : 2012-03-07
Age : 45
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  andrew w on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 21:18

We won't be able to make it this week but we'll hopefully see you next week.
avatar
andrew w
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-10-28
Location : Middlewood.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Bobster on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 22:13

I'm working Tuesday night but will be there next week.

Bobster
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 61
Join date : 2014-10-14
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  mgleadow on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 09:46

I can finally make it again, up for trying anything but probably best not to dive in with anything too heavy to start :-)
avatar
mgleadow
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  BeardyTom on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:11

I really want to have a go at the One Night Ultimate Werewolf, and anything else that looks shiny, of course.
avatar
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 558
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 41
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 11th November

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum