The Path to Panic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Path to Panic

Post  steveygee on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 12:04

So, after playing Andy's prototype last night we decided not to write a review so as not to spoil the brilliant story for others who might end up playing but I just wanted to say thanks to Andy for letting us play his baby and to his wife for the Doom Clock, my new all time favourite board game component. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to giving it another go with any rules changes that are implemented.
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Path to Panic

Post  PaulC on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 13:10

steveygee wrote: So, after playing Andy's prototype last night we decided not to write a review so as not to spoil the brilliant story for others who might end up playing but I just wanted to say thanks to Andy for letting us play his baby and to his wife for the Doom Clock, my new all time favourite board game component. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to giving it another go with any rules changes that are implemented.    

Agreed. It has the makings of a really good game. Some great mechanics and a gripping story narrative, it was a pleasure to play and I'm looking forward to round 2.
PaulC
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 13:30

No need whatsoever to thank me!  I'm the one who should be thankful: Karl, Steve, Liz, Matt, and Paul (apologies if I've misspelled anyone's names or inapprorpriately shortened them) provided such tremendous feedback on the experience.  You all gave me such great ideas to help me enhance and refine the mechanics and your enthusiasm for the story was flatteringly reassuring.

As for the Doom Clock - I'm glad you liked it (Fiona will be chuffed), but I must admit if and when the game gets to the point of proper publication, its presentation will have to change substantially for cost-effectiveness.  Somewhere down the road I'll have to try and think of a simpler, cheaper way to construct the thing which would still make it easy to keep the Clock's status secret - any ideas are welcome!

It truly was a delight to join the Sheffield Board Games Club for one of your weekly meetings.  I'll certainly bring my subscription fee next time I come!  Everyone I spoke to (albeit briefly in most cases) was very friendly and welcoming.  And those five people I actually got a chance to game with were all splendid company.

As far as The Path to Panic goes, my next intention for it is to amend the rules to include many of the things we discussed last night and hopefully get a new board made (although a giant hex made of smaller hexes sounds rather intimidating to craft).  I hope to have this next iteration ready for testing in about 3 weeks' time, at which point, ideally, I'd recruit the same 5 people to play again, so as not to taint the wider SBGC community with foreknowledge of the game prior to eventual blind tests.

Thanks again to all my volunteer testers and to SBGC for making me feel so welcome.

-Andy

EDIT: As you get to know me, you'll quickly realize I have a tendency to gush emotionally about things. And write overlong forum posts. I blame it on being American; we tend to wear our hearts on our sleeves. Sorry about that.
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveygee on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 14:57

Curlew and Crane wrote:

EDIT: As you get to know me, you'll quickly realize I have a tendency to gush emotionally about things.  And write overlong forum posts.  I blame it on being American; we tend to wear our hearts on our sleeves.  Sorry about that.

That's alright, we make concessions for the non-emotionally constipated colonials among us Smile
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top