Tuesday 29th September

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Corkassonne on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:54 am

Aneurin wrote:Thinking about starting a new Star War Imperial assault (base) campaign. The plan would be to play missions once a month... 2 spots left... If you have a preference for either side state that also... I'd prefer rebels but happy to DM as the Imperials again...

1. Aneurin
2. Steve Marsh
3. Corkassonne (to confirm)
4. Dave B
5. Mike D

I'm definitely in for this. Rebels preferably.

Corkassonne
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  DaveB on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 pm

karl_b wrote:I've never played BSG but I really want to. Is it definitely too long to play, with noobs, on a Tuesday?

theatrekat wrote:Paul & I would also like to play this but share your concern that it might be a bit long for a Tues for noobs - but what if we all read the rules in advance? That would save time and make it feasible (plus I get really bored during rules)

Apologies I missed both of these messages somehow!

BSG game length is a real "how long is a piece of string" question - there are a bunch of things that can affect things - one major part is there is no real downtime between turns - its a co-operative/semi-co-op game with challenge resolution every player turn that every player can contribute to - not to mention debate over moves and so on - if people don't stay on task for the entire game everything becomes very drawn out and frustrating.

If everyone reads the rules ahead (although a brief clarifications and questions session before we start is fine) and if everyone can stay on task then yes I think it's doable in an evening. In theory, it should be playable in a couple of hours if everyone knows what they're doing. I did have one soul destroying game that ended up playing about six hours long but that was with some very badly behaved other players...

This is Tuesday 13th Oct? I might be able to do the week before but I can't promise to make that one right now...
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Aneurin on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 am

I can play... I know the rules...
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2645
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  DaveB on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:13 am

Aneurin wrote:I can play... I know the rules...

And that makes six by my count Smile
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Small World

Post  Camille&Pierre on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

We are both interested in Small World, are there 2 spaces left?

Camille&Pierre
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 33
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Sam on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 pm

There are, though I was just about to save a space for a friend also — perhaps Jamie and Dale could both bring copies?
avatar
Sam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 982
Join date : 2013-07-16

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Jamie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:44 am

Sam wrote:There are, though I was just about to save a space for a friend also — perhaps Jamie and Dale could both bring copies?

I'll bring mine if I come. I'll probably make it, but not feel too great at the moment (bit of a cold).
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  PaulC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sam wrote:There are, though I was just about to save a space for a friend also — perhaps Jamie and Dale could both bring copies?

I'll bring mine if I come. I'll probably make it, but not feel too great at the moment (bit of a cold).

I have the 6 player map - but I'm not coming tomorrow. I could drop it off at PaulG's tonight, if you want to use it. (assuming PaulG will be in tonight, of course)
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 44
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  karl_b on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:17 pm

I have the club's copy of Smallworld which I can bring.
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 822
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  paulyg on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:12 pm

PaulC wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Sam wrote:There are, though I was just about to save a space for a friend also — perhaps Jamie and Dale could both bring copies?

I'll bring mine if I come. I'll probably make it, but not feel too great at the moment (bit of a cold).

I have the 6 player map - but I'm not coming tomorrow. I could drop it off at PaulG's tonight, if you want to use it. (assuming PaulG will be in tonight, of course)
I'll be in and happy to bring it tomorrow...
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1735
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  JohnH on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:15 pm

Is everyone playing smallworld then?

Very Happy


(If there are 3 copies floating around I could be interested, if not i'll kill some Aliens or become a paranoid Thing something)
avatar
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  BeardyTom on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:13 pm

I can actually be there early for a change this week, instead of walking in when everyone's already started their games.

Our latest purchase is Shakespeare, which is nice. I'll bring that, La Granja and Tragedy Looper. All good games that I haven't played enough of.
avatar
BeardyTom
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 41
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  PaulC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:15 pm

So what's the verdict on Smallworld - do you want the 6 player map, or are you going to play multiple copies?
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1586
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 44
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Camille&Pierre on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:30 pm

PaulC wrote:So what's the verdict on Smallworld - do you want the 6 player map, or are you going to play multiple copies?

I counted 6 people interested to play Small world, so the 6 player map would be perfect Smile

Sam +1
JohnH
Dale
Camille
Pierre

Did I forget anyone?

Camille&Pierre
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 33
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Jamie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Camille&Pierre wrote:
PaulC wrote:So what's the verdict on Smallworld - do you want the 6 player map, or are you going to play multiple copies?

I counted 6 people interested to play Small world, so the 6 player map would be perfect Smile

Sam +1
JohnH
Dale
Camille
Pierre

Did I forget anyone?

Did you count me?
avatar
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1182
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Dale on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:04 pm

I've also got the 6 player map so I think we'll have plenty of maps Smile
avatar
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 118
Join date : 2015-07-12
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  AndyM on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Gonna bring along the game Kanban - anyone fancy it? I've not got through the entire game myself (we've always started it a bit too late) so I'm keen to play it through to the end
avatar
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 171
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 32
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  karl_b on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Kanban? Be nice to Sandra!
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 822
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Camille&Pierre on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Jamie wrote:

Did you count me?

Sorry missed you Embarassed

Camille&Pierre
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 33
Join date : 2015-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  BeardyTom on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:55 pm

AndyM wrote:Gonna bring along the game Kanban - anyone fancy it? I've not got through the entire game myself (we've always started it a bit too late) so I'm keen to play it through to the end

Ooh, Kanban. I played it once (twice?) and it's really good.
avatar
BeardyTom
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 41
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Ste on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey guys, already told Anuerin, but I won't be along for Imperial Assault tonight. Sorry, will rearrange as soon as possible.
avatar
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 265
Join date : 2015-02-05
Location : Gateford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Aneurin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:39 pm

I still have my set with me - can start a campaign - we are a player down though. Anyone interested?
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2645
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Aneurin on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:11 pm

I contacted Ash at the Uni Arms about the lack of table reservations and chairs situation last night...

Ok no problem.
That's our mistake and we'll rectify, sorry, it has been a bit hectic lately but no excuse really.
Thanks for letting us know
Ash
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2645
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  paulyg on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Aneurin wrote:I contacted Ash at the Uni Arms about the lack of table reservations and chairs situation last night...

Ok no problem.
That's our mistake and we'll rectify, sorry, it has been a bit hectic lately but no excuse really.
Thanks for letting us know
Ash
Ah, it's good to know that we weren't deliberately 'sidelined' then. Thanks for checking it out, Aneurin!
avatar
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 1735
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 38
Location : Greenhill

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Aneurin on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:30 pm

I think it might be worth creating a poster we can put on the door every Tuesday... just detailing that the space is reserved for Sheffield Board Games Club but people are welcome to come and join... put on the twitter, facebook and forum for people to check out... some key contacts etc... and detail the £2/year fee?

Anyone got any time to design us something with the logo and such?

I can get it printed in A3... maybe we could even stick it to the boards?

P.S. Ash is happy with us putting something like this up on the door each week!
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2645
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  AndyM on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Aneurin wrote:I think it might be worth creating a poster we can put on the door every Tuesday... just detailing that the space is reserved for Sheffield Board Games Club but people are welcome to come and join... put on the twitter, facebook and forum for people to check out... some key contacts etc... and detail the £2/year fee?

Anyone got any time to design us something with the logo and such?

I can get it printed in A3... maybe we could even stick it to the boards?

P.S. Ash is happy with us putting something like this up on the door each week!

I'll set it for my year 8s and see what they come up with if you like, perhaps you could pick out the best from a selection?
avatar
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 171
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 32
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 29th September

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum