Tuesday 1st December

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday 1st December

Post  Aneurin on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:59

So Imperial Assault Campaign day confirmed for Myself, Lizzy, Kes, Pauly G and Karlito B...

Stock up on Vitamin C guys - in the words of Vader... "I want that [campaign finished], NOT excuses"
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2793
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  PaulC on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 12:18

If anyone wants to try TIME Stories : Asylum I can bring it along (I can't play, as I've already completed the mission.

Otherwise, I'm planning on bringing Survive: Space Attack with me, plus a few others...
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  RikTheChief on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 13:54

I've got a few new unplayed games if anyone wants to try them-
Mysterium - UK version of the polish murder mystery game
Helios - Euro fantasy game about using the sun to power your economy
Jerusalem - Area control game, doesn't appear to be a religious game, just set in the city
Wunderland - Family style game similar to Ticket to Ride
Tiny Epic Galaxies - big space game in a small box
Lord of the Rings - older Reiner Knizia co-op game


Last edited by RikTheChief on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
avatar
RikTheChief
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 391
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 46
Location : High Green

View user profile http://www.deepfall.moonfruit.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  AndyM on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 14:39

I think we were planning on food chain magnate with Evan, Sam and Steve. Let me know if any of you can't make it
avatar
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 33
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  karl_b on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:41

I'm definitely not going to be ill next week. Probably. Hopefully.
avatar
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 877
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 32
Location : Norton, Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  DaveB on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 20:23

I won't be along next week - not sure about the week after for that matter Sad
avatar
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1467
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 39
Location : Deepcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  SamVS on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:14

Still in for Food Chain Magnate. Sign me up for Knizia's Lord of the Rings one week, Rik. But maybe not next next week because I'm hoping John is bringing Fury of Dracula... And does anyone want to suggest a game for Tuesday December 22nd? Cool

Karl, you have to show up one week because I've got a book to return to you! I'll see if I can find something cool to reciprocate.
avatar
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Dale on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 20:39

PaulC wrote:If anyone wants to try TIME Stories : Asylum I can bring it along (I can't play, as I've already completed the mission.

Otherwise, I'm planning on bringing Survive: Space Attack with me, plus a few others...

I wouldn't mind a crack at Survive: SA
avatar
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Posts : 126
Join date : 2015-07-12
Location : Chesterfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Santa Claus on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:35

Ho Ho Ho... santa I'll be there but I won't make my presence known. I'll be watching whether you are good or bad... AND I will know who Merlin is. Ho Ho Ho santa
avatar
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-11-26
Age : 16
Location : Lapland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  steveygee on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:55

I'm looking forward to being beaten at fast food magnate.
avatar
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 283
Join date : 2013-06-12
Location : Abbeydale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  PaulC on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 08:25

Dale wrote:
PaulC wrote:If anyone wants to try TIME Stories : Asylum I can bring it along (I can't play, as I've already completed the mission.

Otherwise, I'm planning on bringing Survive: Space Attack with me, plus a few others...

I wouldn't mind a crack at Survive: SA

You're in!
avatar
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1636
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 45
Location : Sheffield

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Aneurin on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:13

Hrm - just had word from Ashley at the Uni Arms - I get the impression that during December if the Uni Arms gets a big meal booking on a Tuesday night we will be out (except on the 15th of course because that's us)! Annoying but understandable... so be prepared people for some slight last minute venue searches... I will post if anything occurs...

For now the Uni Arms has no bookings on Tuesday evenings so we are fine... Don't Panic... Carry on...
avatar
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2793
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 37
Location : Deepcar

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  psychomansam on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 14:44

So I currently have a copy of roll for the galaxy: ambition sat on my shelf...
avatar
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 539
Join date : 2015-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Evilevan on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 07:01

AndyM wrote:I think we were planning on food chain magnate with Evan,  Sam and Steve. Let me know if any of you can't make it

I'm going to bow out of this.... I'll have to slope off about 9 - 9.30ish so I'm looking for something not too epic... Very Happy
avatar
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 437
Join date : 2012-03-07
Age : 45
Location : Heeley, Sheffield

View user profile http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  AndyM on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 07:08

evan wrote:
AndyM wrote:I think we were planning on food chain magnate with Evan,  Sam and Steve. Let me know if any of you can't make it

I'm going to bow out of this.... I'll have to slope off about 9 - 9.30ish so I'm looking for something not too epic... Very Happy

No problem, that means we have a spot in food chain magnate it anyone fancies it
avatar
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 33
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  BeardyTom on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 22:48

AndyM wrote:
evan wrote:
AndyM wrote:I think we were planning on food chain magnate with Evan,  Sam and Steve. Let me know if any of you can't make it

I'm going to bow out of this.... I'll have to slope off about 9 - 9.30ish so I'm looking for something not too epic... Very Happy

No problem, that means we have a spot in food chain magnate it anyone fancies it

I'll go for that.
avatar
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 546
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 41
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Ste on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 21:56

I can't make it this week. Will be back on the 8th.
avatar
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 281
Join date : 2015-02-05
Location : Gateford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  SamVS on Tue 01 Dec 2015, 17:47

Food Chain Magnates: are we playing the full game or the intro game? Video with the designers suggesting playing the intro game first (skip to 10:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjvu3ka2Gw

(Great designer's quote: "if you can't lose in the first turn, the first turn should not be played".)

I'm fine either way but I think I'd slightly rather play the intro game first so that when I play the full thing I know what I'm doing from the first turn and I don't end up floundering for three hours.
avatar
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  AndyM on Tue 01 Dec 2015, 18:00

Sam wrote:Food Chain Magnates: are we playing the full game or the intro game? Video with the designers suggesting playing the intro game first (skip to 10:00):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjvu3ka2Gw

(Great designer's quote: "if you can't lose in the first turn, the first turn should not be played".)

I'm fine either way but I think I'd slightly rather play the intro game first so that when I play the full thing I know what I'm doing from the first turn and I don't end floundering for three hours.

The intro game is good for learning the game yes, but it misses out on some key strategies. The game has a finite length that everyone knows so there's less long term strategies there, there are no bonuses in the game which spoils a bunch of strategies and a couple of other things.
Once you get going in the intro game you get to a point where you realise it's not the full game and you're restricted on a bunch of mechanics. I'm open to doing that but the game is much shorter and not as fun as the full version - I've played the full game twice and lost both times so chances are I'll lose again!
avatar
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 182
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 33
Location : Sheffield

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tuesday 1st December

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum