Membership fees

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Membership fees

Post  karl_b on Wed 13 Jan 2016, 09:02

New year, new nagging from me/Aneurin to pay your annual subs! It occurred to me that we have a lot of new members and we may not have had the chance to explain why we ask for a small membership fee to the club. Some of this is covered in the Member's Area 'Club Kitty' section where you can also find a list of members for this and previous years.

We're very lucky to have an excellent venue that doesn't charge us for use of of their space, therefore we don't feel the need for a weekly charge like many other clubs (not just board gamers).

A few years ago, when we had less than a dozen regular members (6 was a good turn out and I joined during the good times!) there was a £1 weekly fee. This was used to buy games for the club, hence why we have a club library. Anyway, this is no longer necessary given how much the club has grown and the range of games that we own between us - Pauly G and Aneurin could provide enough games on their own to keep us all going for years!!

We took the decision to scrap weekly fees and instead ask for £2 a year. Subs are due for each calendar year, not 12 months from when you first paid. Your first visit to the club is free, we'll wait until your second visit before pestering!

This money goes towards keeping the forum add free, for members, and pays for the url.

We've also used the money to buy the wooden boards that we play on. We realise that some of these look a bit scruffy and we have plans to upgrade/replace some soon.

We have an arrangement with Patriot Games (our FLGS) for members to receive a 10% discount, details will be passed on once you've paid your £2.

Finally, any money left over goes in to the kitty for the Christmas party to pay for competition prizes. So think of your £2 as your annual entry fee!

It's not a lot of money but it helps keep the club going, so thanks.

Last edited by karl_b on Tue 12 Apr 2016, 21:22; edited 1 time in total
karl_b
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

membership

Post  bigpaulie on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 21:06

Hi is the club open to anyone who wants to turn up?

Thanks
Paul
bigpaulie
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Membership fees

Post  karl_b on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 21:09

Hi Paul. Yes, we're very much a public group and open to all. Be great to see you on a Tuesday!
karl_b
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bigpaulie on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 21:12

Great thanks - from next week I am working in Sheffield 3 days a week so may well drop by! I am a more mature gamer (40) at least in years if not mentally!!
bigpaulie
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 21:33

Great, you'll fit in well.
karl_b
Admin
Admin

View user profile