23rd February 2016

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 23rd February 2016

Post  Arun Cheesus on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:30

Lizzy wrote:
Cheesus wrote:
Cheesus wrote:I am pretty new, came down with my friend Dom a couple of weeks ago and played Concordia but havn't been able to come down since.
I was planning on bring my new aquisition of BloodRage down on Tuesday if anyone was up for it.

1. Arun (me)
2. Dominick
3. Sam
4. Lizzy
So the game is full. We should be able to make it for 7 but if I say aim for start by half past that sound good? gives us time to set up and get some drinks in etc.

I'm not going to make it tonight, sorry, so there's a free slot on this if anyone wants it.
Ok no problem, any takers for that last spot? Paulie?

Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:38

Don't steal our players Wink
Aneurin
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:43

haha fair enough, Dom has also bailed on me because he has to finish some Audio design for his friends game jam game which is being judged in the morning. I'll still be rolling through on my lonesome tho.

So yeah, 2 spots now available.
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

tonite

Post  bigpaulie on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:46

lol really fancy blood rage but also dominant species / euro games so will honour my commitments to aneurin et al and definitely play blood rage in the near future ....
bigpaulie
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JessGH on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:48

Hi, newbie here: if there's still space in Archipelago I'd like to play Smile

JessGH
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 17:49

Welcome on board Jess... see you around 7pm for games or 6pm for food!
Aneurin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 18:07

bigpaulie wrote:lol really fancy blood rage but also dominant species / euro games so will honour my commitments to aneurin et al and definitely play blood rage in the near future ....
yeah no prob, I didn;t realise you resigned. Sure we can grab a couple peeps to play or jump into something else and delay this for next week or something
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 18:10

JessGH wrote:Hi, newbie here: if there's still space in Archipelago I'd like to play Smile

Hi Jess, sure! There will be at least 3 of us for Archipelago then; 4 if Dale turns up. I'll aim to be there for 7. See you shortly! Smile
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

View user profile http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 01:23

Blood Rage didn't do a lot for me tonight. I sometimes hear eurogames described as "point salads" but it's never felt descriptive to me when talking about Terra Mystica and the like, which have a bunch of ways you can win points but in a structured, rational way. With the right cards Blood Rage seems to hand out points for doing pretty much anything, including losing battles or troops. It's certainly eurogame-inspired ameritrash, points driving the narrative and the point-scoring chaotic and boisterous. I haven't dismissed it yet, though. Card-driven games become more fun when you know all the cards. Grasping the road to victory a little better would help also. Getting steamrolled from turn two will always colour your opinion of a game, but when turn one was plonking a big-ass Kraken onto the board that's enough to give it a second chance. Thanks for bringing it, Arun, will happily play again some time Smile

Shame goodies had victory snatched away at the last moment in Avalon!
Sam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 08:39

Yeah! After I picked a clean team on quest 1 (lucky) and then suggested including Josh (another good player) on the next quest; I was sure the assassin would pick me. Anyhow, what gave Annie away?
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 08:40

Kes wrote:Oh jeez, I didn't see the play time. Haven't even read the rules yet so would be a full session game. Maybd I'll play something else.

Did Supanova get played in the end? Looked interesting!
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 08:56

So, Dominant Sp.....*sobs*

You may have heard plenty of grumbling from our corner. That was a terrific but exceptionally harsh game last night, well done John on a hard earned victory. It felt like the most thematic play through I've had actually, we al really fought hard for dominance and survival.
karl_b
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 10:50

karl_b wrote:So, Dominant Sp.....*sobs*

You may have heard plenty of grumbling from our corner. That was a terrific but exceptionally harsh game last night, well done John on a hard earned victory. It felt like the most thematic play through I've had actually, we al really fought hard for dominance and survival.

Yeah, it was a brutal game. I blame the Mammals entirely, they set the tone by taking out the Birds early. Arachnids were just going with the flow... we're peaceful species who enjoy hanging out on tundra by ourselves.

Don't think I've swore so much on a Tuesday night before. I apologise for that.
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:01

JohnH wrote:

Yeah, it was a brutal game. I blame the Mammals entirely, they set the tone by taking out the Birds early. Arachnids were just going with the flow... we're peaceful species who enjoy hanging out on tundra by ourselves.

Don't forget the anti-frog movement that happened in the early game - and pretty much continued. It felt like some decisions were entirely aimed at hurting me... removing only black cubes on hexes when I wasn't even in a scoring position, removing water from the world when other actions could have hampered you and Mike.  I'm just pleased I managed to cling on and steal 3rd with a steady climb up the VP track. Admittedly that was with some pretty nasty card play on my behalf... sorry Karl (well not really)
Aneurin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:09

Aneurin wrote:
JohnH wrote:

Don't forget the anti-frog movement that happened in the early game - and pretty much continued. It felt like some decisions were entirely aimed at hurting me... removing only black cubes on hexes when I wasn't even in a scoring position, removing water from the world when other actions could have hampered you and Mike.  I'm just pleased I managed to cling on and steal 3rd with a steady climb up the VP track. Admittedly that was with some pretty nasty card play on my behalf... sorry Karl (well not really)

Well, The Birds spared The Newts early on and look what happened to them....
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:11

JohnH wrote:

And the 8 legged bugs I believe...
Aneurin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 12:12

Aneurin wrote:
JohnH wrote:

And the 8 legged bugs I believe...

We were wiped off that part of the board pretty soon after anyway Very Happy had to speciate to come back into the Salamander sea to get points
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top