Santorini (is shorter than 10 characters and therefore not permitted as a title!)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Santorini (is shorter than 10 characters and therefore not permitted as a title!)

Post  PaulC on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 16:55

Is anyone planning on backing the rather lovely looking reimplementation of Santorini?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roxley/santorini-learn-it-in-30-seconds-play-it-for-life

To buy individually it comes out quite costly (~£50), but if 2 or 3 of us back it together, it drops to a more reasonably ~£40... with 5 of us, it's an even better ~£30...
PaulC
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Santorini (is shorter than 10 characters and therefore not permitted as a title!)

Post  Scott_Fryer on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:00

Im tempted to back this, it looks good, I'd guess the quality of the components and weight mean the costs are higher than typical, if we can round up 5 of us, the free shipping would be a big save..
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Santorini (is shorter than 10 characters and therefore not permitted as a title!)

Post  Arun Cheesus on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 00:33

Does look interesting, was also looking at picking up a copy of colosseum.
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyH on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 11:12

I was a bit torn by this too - but it was just the price that was putting me off, so I'd definitely join in if we can get 5 of us.
AndyH
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 13:52

I'll be in on this. Does that make 5 of us?
paulyg
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 15:15

I'm tempted by this. There's an option for 6? will it make it slightly cheaper?

JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 15:28

JohnH wrote:I'm tempted by this. There's an option for 6? will it make it slightly cheaper?

Yup, it is slightly cheaper for 6. Each additional copy works out around £25, so will bring the total down for the rest of us.

Still 26 days until it funds, so still chance to get it even cheaper!
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:47

Can I get a copy please
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 08:04

Can I jump in on this as well please?
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:38

Im still definately in for this, Any preferences in how we want to do it?

Right now I count 8 of us if everyone still wants in
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:40

Cheesus wrote:Im still definately in for this, Any preferences in how we want to do it?

I'm happy to place the order, taking the initial hit and have you guys pay me back.
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:43

PaulC wrote:
Cheesus wrote:Im still definately in for this, Any preferences in how we want to do it?

I'm happy to place the order, taking the initial hit and have you guys pay me back.
Yeah ofc, I would be able to do it too if needed
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:44

PaulC wrote:

Thats great, if needed, Im happy to pay you up front to lessen the inital hit Smile
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:54

So if there is 8 of us, that makes $270 for the first 5, $45 for each after, making $405 total, which split between 8 makes $50.63 each copy which today according to google makes £35.84 each. Ofc real exchange rates may be different.
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 23:57

Oo it is I think canadian dollars which does change it to £27.61 at the current exchange rate on google
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:04

I was looking at this - but then isn't the game itself really easy to emulate? Some wooden blocks and a few meeples? Other than looking great what does this actually offer?

So I decided against it (amazingly)
Aneurin
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:12

Aneurin wrote:I was looking at this - but then isn't the game itself really easy to emulate? Some wooden blocks and a few meeples? Other than looking great what does this actually offer?

There aren't many games that can't be fairly easily emulated. Does this mean your game-buying days are over, in favour of creating cheap knock-offs instead?
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:17

PaulC wrote:
Aneurin wrote:I was looking at this - but then isn't the game itself really easy to emulate? Some wooden blocks and a few meeples? Other than looking great what does this actually offer?

There aren't many games that can't be fairly easily emulated. Does this mean your game-buying days are over, in favour of creating cheap knock-offs instead?

Obviously... Laughing

Yeah - but a lot have cards or other text based additions, cardboard tokens etc which although easily copied and printed out would look cheap...
This I could see looking very tasteful as 1 inch home made cubes (varnished) and some meeples from Carcassonne or meeple source.
Aneurin
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:20

By my reckoning, we've got 6 definite and 2 interested parties.

Definite
PaulC
Scott
Cheesus
PaulG
Lizzy
Dale

Interested
AndyH
JohnH

Andy, John - if you can let me know asap if you definitely want me to get you a copy I'd be grateful.
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyH on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:40

I'm a definite too.

Cheers for sorting this, just say where/how you want the money (I should be down tomorrow if you're happy with a wodge of cash)
AndyH
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:41

Nice one, Paul. Let me know at what point you would like me to give you some money and I shall do so Smile

Aneurin - agree to some extent, and I wasn't going to back it originally. But with the group buy it seems like a fair price. There are some cards in there (with the special powers on) and it looks like they've done a really nice job with the production. I'm also keen to see Roxley Games succeed as their previous kickstarter was Steampunk Rally which I really like.
paulyg
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:42

AndyH wrote:I'm a definite too.

Cheers for sorting this, just say where/how you want the money (I should be down tomorrow if you're happy with a wodge of cash)

Not sure if I'm down tomorrow or not, but no rush - I'll let you know your cut when it's been invoiced later this month.
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:45

I'm in.

I too think it is easy to imitate, but the stretch goals are adding more and more cards, better quality components, and an expansion (which I have no idea what it is)
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:46

PaulG wrote:Nice one, Paul. Let me know at what point you would like me to give you some money and I shall do so Smile

As above, no rush Paul. Though should ask if anyone wants to pay an additional $5 for a white box sleeve. I'm not going to bother, but happy to add to the order if required.

PaulG wrote:Aneurin - agree to some extent, and I wasn't going to back it originally. But with the group buy it seems like a fair price. There are some cards in there (with the special powers on) and it looks like they've done a really nice job with the production. I'm also keen to see Roxley Games succeed as their previous kickstarter was Steampunk Rally which I really like.

Agreed - if I hadn't found four other people to chip in I wouldn't have bothered.
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Mon 11 Apr 2016, 14:48

JohnH wrote:I'm in.

I too think it is easy to imitate, but the stretch goals are adding more and more cards, better quality components, and an expansion (which I have no idea what it is)

Cool - I've backed it for 8 copies with no additional box sleeves - I can amend as necessary until the deadline.
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top