Tuesday 3rd May

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tuesday 3rd May

Post  PaulC on Tue 03 May 2016, 12:15

I'll be down and will bring a bag o'games, maybe Panamax and a few unplayed games, though always happy to be tempted over to another table...

PaulC
Starting player token

View user profile http://www.iamasexybitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom on Tue 03 May 2016, 14:53

Anyone for Euros?

Since the sun's finally out, I thought I'd bring along the pleasantly sunny La Granja (you get points for siestas!). I also wouldn't mind another go at Martin Wallace's take on Cornish tin mining in Tinner's Trail, having finally got round to trying it out on Sunday.
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Tue 03 May 2016, 14:58

BeardyTom wrote:Anyone for Euros?

Since the sun's finally out, I thought I'd bring along the pleasantly sunny La Granja (you get points for siestas!). I also wouldn't mind another go at Martin Wallace's take on Cornish tin mining in Tinner's Trail, having finally got round to trying it out on Sunday.

Me!
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua on Tue 03 May 2016, 16:12

Definitely could use a siesta! But I would also be happy with a bit of mining.
Joshua
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_F on Tue 03 May 2016, 18:22

Who's already here? I'm sat downstairs with no clue who might be who. confused
Rich_F
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psychomansam on Tue 03 May 2016, 18:23

Rich_F wrote:Who's already here?  I'm sat downstairs with no clue who might be who. confused

Go upstairs.
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  psychomansam on Wed 04 May 2016, 08:18

PaulC wrote:

Me!

Thanks for your longsuffering explanations last night Paul. Really enjoyed Panamax. Heavy but feels lighter than others in the same class I think. Still kicking myself for not moving a die to get an extra ship move, moving Chinese ship making $3 and thus paying dividends on last round!
Got the game in my head so looked up rules. 3 things I found:
The prospector pays double for one die from each company on the ship, not just the person who finishes it.
You can't get paid for pushing a military ship. You have to actually move it directly.
You can get paid for military ship movement up to 3 times on your turn. Once for your main action. Once for stevedores etc. Once more for clipboard (flag) movement bonus.  I think we played as once only per turn. Apparently the rulebook is least clear on this, so very easy to misinterpret.

Thanks again to all!
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB on Wed 04 May 2016, 08:32

I'm not particularly a fan of heavy Euro's but I did really like Panamax when I played a few months back - despite the occasionally confusing rulebook Smile
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Wed 04 May 2016, 08:47

psychomansam wrote:

Thanks for your longsuffering explanations last night Paul. Really enjoyed Panamax. Heavy but feels lighter than others in the same class I think. Still kicking myself for not moving a die to get an extra ship move, moving Chinese ship making $3 and thus paying dividends on last round!
The prospector pays double for one die from each company on the ship, not just the person who finishes it.
You can't get paid for pushing a military ship. You have to actually move it directly.
You can get paid for military ship movement up to 3 times on your turn. Once for your main action. Once for stevedores etc. Once more for clipboard (flag) movement bonus.  I think we played as once only per turn. Apparently the rulebook is least clear on this, so very easy to misinterpret.

Thanks again to all!

Glad you enjoyed it Sam!

You are absolutely right about the Military ship movement - I remembered the detail mid way through round 2, but since we'd not been observing the correct rules previously it made little sense to change at that point.
Regarding the Prospector - again, you are absolutely correct... and that is exactly what we did! Smile It only made it through the canal once, with 3 of Carl's dice (5,2,2) and one of yours (2). Carl received (5x2)+2+2 = 14 coins, you received 2x2 = 4 coins. Smile
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  psychomansam on Wed 04 May 2016, 09:51

PaulC wrote:
psychomansam wrote:

Thanks again to all!

Glad you enjoyed it Sam!

You are absolutely right about the Military ship movement - I remembered the detail mid way through round 2, but since we'd not been observing the correct rules previously it made little sense to change at that point.
Regarding the Prospector - again, you are absolutely correct... and that is exactly what we did! Smile It only made it through the canal once, with 3 of Carl's dice (5,2,2) and one of yours (2). Carl received (5x2)+2+2 = 14 coins, you received 2x2 = 4 coins. Smile

Well I'm glad someone knew what was going on! Very Happy
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale on Wed 04 May 2016, 12:38

Great game of Specter Ops last night, first time for me. Got rather tense early on and then again towards the end as Jacob skilfully evaded the hunters. Unfortunately I couldn't do much to help him at the end. RIP agent Jacob Crying or Very sad
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB on Wed 04 May 2016, 13:50

Dale wrote:Great game of Specter Ops last night, first time for me. Got rather tense early on and then again towards the end as Jacob skilfully evaded the hunters. Unfortunately I couldn't do much to help him at the end. RIP agent Jacob Crying or Very sad

I would have sworn he was toast early on when we caught him but he played a couple of absolutely amazing disappearing acts when we (thought we) were right on top of him.

He deserved a win for those two moves alone!
DaveB
Count of Carcassonne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top