Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 3rd March

Go down

Tuesday 3rd March Empty Tuesday 3rd March

Post  paulyg Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:31

Well, there seemed to be some interest in Terra Mystica so I think Kat and I will bring that down on Tuesday. Room for 3 more players...
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 3rd March Empty Re: Tuesday 3rd March

Post  steveygee Sun 01 Mar 2015, 11:19

PaulG wrote:Well, there seemed to be some interest in Terra Mystica so I think Kat and I will bring that down on Tuesday. Room for 3 more players...

Bagsy (bagsie?) a spot.
steveygee
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Sun 01 Mar 2015, 16:54

If anyone is playing Dead of Winter again I'd like to get in on that action!
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sun 01 Mar 2015, 17:12

PaulG wrote:Well, there seemed to be some interest in Terra Mystica so I think Kat and I will bring that down on Tuesday. Room for 3 more players...

I'd love to give it a go sometime Paul. Next week will be a flying visit for me though, that's if I turn up at all. Hope to play it eventually though.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Sun 01 Mar 2015, 17:44

Jamie wrote:

I'd love to give it a go sometime Paul. Next week will be a flying visit for me though, that's if I turn up at all. Hope to play it eventually though.
Just give me a shout for a future week as I'm always happy to play it. I've owned it for about a year and have only managed to play it 3 times!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Sun 01 Mar 2015, 17:54

I'm bringing my latest  acquisition, Brewcrafters. Lizzy has expressed an interest in playing, anyone else?

Blinky - I'll be bringing Dead of Winter in a couple of weeks, if you can wait that long :-)
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sun 01 Mar 2015, 18:11

PaulG wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Just give me a shout for a future week as I'm always happy to play it. I've owned it for about a year and have only managed to play it 3 times!

Will do. Thanks Paul. Smile
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin Sun 01 Mar 2015, 19:31

I'm in...
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Sun 01 Mar 2015, 20:25

Paul, ok thanks save me a spot on that table when you bring Dead of Winter in.

PaulG - I'll take a Terra Mystica spot please!
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Sun 01 Mar 2015, 21:09

Terra Mystica, please Smile
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Sun 01 Mar 2015, 21:40

Wow, ok, so purely in order of reply the spots for Terra Mystica this week are...

1. PaulG
2. Kat
3. Steveygee
4. Aneurin
5. Ste

Sam - you are first reserve in case anyone changes their mind! (Or if not then I'll bring it down again soon and you and Jamie can play...)

For those who haven't played before I'd recommend at least a skim of the rulebook which can be found here. I'll go through the rules on Tuesday, but it's the sort of game that takes a little time to click (but when it does everything is super-logical).
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:30

For those who missed out at Terra Mystica, I bought Village at the weekend which is a medium Euro about life (and death!) in a small village.

It plays up to 4 so if you're up for a challenge let me know.

"Life in the village is hard – but life here also allows the inhabitants to grow and prosper as they please. One villager might want to become a friar. Another might feel ambitious and strive for a career in public office. A third one might want to seek his luck in distant lands.

Each player will take the reins of a family and have them find fame and glory in many different ways. There is one thing you must not forget, however: Time will not stop for anyone and with time people will vanish. Those who will find themselves immortalized in the village chronicles will bring honor to their family and be one step closer to victory.

Village is a game full of tactical challenges. A smart and unique new action mechanism is responsible for keeping turns short and yet still tactically rich and full of difficult decisions. Also unique is the way this game deals with the delicate subject of death; as a natural and perpetual part of life in the village, thoughts of death will keep you focused on smart time-management."
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

http://www.deepfall.moonfruit.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:40

Paul wrote:I'm bringing my latest  acquisition, Brewcrafters. Lizzy has expressed an interest in playing, anyone else?

Blinky - I'll be bringing Dead of Winter in a couple of weeks, if you can wait that long :-)

I'm up for making some beer... that and of course killing the shambling hordes
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom_S Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:01

I'll be up for dead of winter if anyone is up for that - I have a newly unopened copy winking at me from the shelf.
Tom_S
Tom_S
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrWilBaker Mon 02 Mar 2015, 16:05

Tom_S wrote:I'll be up for dead of winter if anyone is up for that - I have a newly unopened copy winking at me from the shelf.

I've not played Dead of Winter but would like to have go.
MrWilBaker
MrWilBaker
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Mon 02 Mar 2015, 21:41

MrWilBaker wrote:
Tom_S wrote:I'll be up for dead of winter if anyone is up for that - I have a newly unopened copy winking at me from the shelf.

I've not played Dead of Winter but would like to have go.

I'm playing Terra Mystica first, I'll play this afterwards depending on if there is a spot and you either a) aren't playing it first or b) up for playing it again afterwards!
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  steveygee Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:59

I'm ill, so i'm going to have to reluctantly give up my terra mystica spot. All yours Sam.

Hope to see some of you Sunday.
steveygee
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  MrWilBaker Tue 03 Mar 2015, 18:57

I might be a bit late, 7.45, is that still ok for a place?
MrWilBaker
MrWilBaker
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom_S Tue 03 Mar 2015, 19:32

Sadly, I'm still stuck at work seeing grotty people. Really sorry, so maybe Dead of Winter Sunday / next tues if you're interested?
Tom_S
Tom_S
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Wed 04 Mar 2015, 13:19

I ran off before I dealt with this so did anybody put Lizzy's copy of Colt Express in the seat box?
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 04 Mar 2015, 14:25

Sam wrote:I ran off before I dealt with this so did anybody put Lizzy's copy of Colt Express in the seat box?

Hi Sam, I put it under the seat in the corner where we played Avalon.

Great game by the way, well played team evil!

I played poorly. I find it hard to track who is approving and rejecting (esp. with 10 players). As a good guy, I think you really need to remember that data, and cross reference it with all the other snippets of data you collate through the duration of the game.

I made a few Percival specific errors too. Paying too much attention to Morgana (Sam) in an attempt to discover Merlin / Morgana. Andy suggested my choosing to use LOTL on Morgana was an error too. With hindsight, I think I agree. Sure, it made it clear who was Merlin / Morgana, but at what cost? It put LOTL in the hands of evil. I only confirmed something that I already suspected, and would have been made apparent in time anyway. It also hinted to the fact that I was Percival.

That quite a few people were asking Percival to out himself, was interesting. It's clearly in the interests of evil for Percival to out himself, which would imply only evil people would suggest Percival do so? Can't remember, was it the evil players asking Percival to out himself last night?

Anyhow, great game, always amazes me every time I play, how much I don't know about the game, and how much more there is to learn!

*Red Meeple Celebratory Dance*
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Wed 04 Mar 2015, 15:38

Jamie wrote:
Sam wrote:I ran off before I dealt with this so did anybody put Lizzy's copy of Colt Express in the seat box?

Hi Sam, I put it under the seat in the corner where we played Avalon.

Thanks Jamie!
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Wed 04 Mar 2015, 17:21

I played poorly. I find it hard to track who is approving and rejecting (esp. with 10 players). As a good guy, I think you really need to remember that data, and cross reference it with all the other snippets of data you collate through the duration of the game.

I've heard people (Andy?) suggest keeping a track of one or two players at a time, for a few turns. I think the middle rounds are where you get the best data from votes. To early and it doesn't matter enough for people to vote honestly, too late and it matters too much — with some people under suspicion votes are more likely to be bluffs. 

I made a few Percival specific errors too. Paying too much attention to Morgana (Sam) in an attempt to discover Merlin / Morgana. Andy suggested my choosing to use LOTL on Morgana was an error too. With hindsight, I think I agree. Sure, it made it clear who was Merlin / Morgana, but at what cost? It put LOTL in the hands of evil. I only confirmed something that I already suspected, and would have been made apparent in time anyway. It also hinted to the fact that I was Percival.

Also with Mordred in the game Merlin could be even less help than usual. I think the spies had the advantage in that game. Still, I was almost proud that with good having LotL twice and finding a spy and winning the first two missions we still managed to pull it back for a clean victory. 

That quite a few people were asking Percival to out himself, was interesting. It's clearly in the interests of evil for Percival to out himself, which would imply only evil people would suggest Percival do so? Can't remember, was it the evil players asking Percival to out himself last night?

Weirdly, no, half of my team-mates were asleep (stellar tactics, Nicole, I'll have to try that one next time) and I don't think Matt mentioned Percival.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down