Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 26th May

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tuesday 26th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday 26th May

Post  BeardyTom Fri 22 May 2015, 16:03

Aneurin wrote:Have you seen the expansion for 5 tribes Tom?

There's an expansion? Well that's going on the list of things to look out for in Birmingham.

BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  steveygee Sun 24 May 2015, 16:09

Did someone mention they wanted to play terra mystica last week? I'm happy to bring that if so. Otherwise baggsie a Space Alert seat.
steveygee
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  MrWilBaker Mon 25 May 2015, 17:57

Are there any spaces left on a 'pre-booked' game?

If not, is anybody able to bring 'Camel Up' this week? I fancy some silly, camel-betting fun!

Was going to bring 'Ticket to Ride - Europe' as well.
MrWilBaker
MrWilBaker
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon 25 May 2015, 22:05

Good chance I won't make it; just letting you know, in case anyone wants to play Avalon and there is a shortage in the component department! Wink
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCat Mon 25 May 2015, 22:57

BeardyTom wrote:I seem to have three versions of Love Letter; Tempest, Legend of the Five Rings and Batman. Not quite sure how that happened. I'll pop them in the bag along with whatever else I'm bringing.

As usual there's about 20 games I want to bring along and play but I'll end up bringing along two or three and not playing any of them. Maybe this weeks games will be Space Alert and Tigris & Euphrates in case anyone fancies being shouted at by a computer and exploding and/or recreating the dawn of civilisation via vicious, brain-twisty, rival-stomping, tile-laying cleverness. I'm also happy to bring Five Tribes along again if there's a demand for it. It is probably my favourite game of the last couple of years.

Thank you for bringing Love Letter Tempest and Legend of the Five Rings! cat
TheCat
TheCat
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCat Mon 25 May 2015, 22:58

PaulG wrote:
StrangeChocolate wrote:Who owns and would LOVE to bring the following:

Shadow Hunters
Tragedy Looper
Werewolf
Love Letters (eg Batman edition or another mad edition)

Would LIKE:
Shadows over Camelot
Lancaster
Catan (with or without Seafarers and/or knight expansion pack)

I will give you super excellent, delicious & nutritious chocolate in exchange for gaming. What a Face

Must end the night again with Cavalon/Avalon cheers
I'm happy to bring down Shadows Over Camelot and Catan (with exciting CatanBoards board!) if you like (though I'll be playing Imperial Assault this week).

Shadows Over Camelot would be fantastic! Thanks for bringing it. Do you own any of the Catan expansion packs?
TheCat
TheCat
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCat Mon 25 May 2015, 23:00

Alex wrote:
evan wrote:
Alex wrote:
evan wrote:
So I've had StoneAge since Christmas and still not played it... anyone fancy a game of that? Shocked

Oh! Me! Me! I'll play!

Ok so players for Stone Age:
Evan, Mattel and Alex.... space for 1 more.... Very Happy

I have discovered that I can't be down until 19.45, if you can wait - awesome, if not - no bother, I can play something else!

Please bring your DS Monsieur Bovine Smile
TheCat
TheCat
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Mon 25 May 2015, 23:00

StrangeChocolate wrote:
PaulG wrote:
StrangeChocolate wrote:Who owns and would LOVE to bring the following:

Shadow Hunters
Tragedy Looper
Werewolf
Love Letters (eg Batman edition or another mad edition)

Would LIKE:
Shadows over Camelot
Lancaster
Catan (with or without Seafarers and/or knight expansion pack)

I will give you super excellent, delicious & nutritious chocolate in exchange for gaming. What a Face

Must end the night again with Cavalon/Avalon cheers
I'm happy to bring down Shadows Over Camelot and Catan (with exciting CatanBoards board!) if you like (though I'll be playing Imperial Assault this week).

Shadows Over Camelot would be fantastic! Thanks for bringing it. Do you own any of the Catan expansion packs?
Yep, I have Traders & Barbarians and Cities & Knights. Oh, and the 5-6 player expansion for the base game
 I'll bring them all!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue 26 May 2015, 16:51

Hmmm... I think I'll come along tonight. Look ma, I'm actually posting in the forum!
Laura
Laura
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

http://www.laurakishimoto.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Tue 26 May 2015, 17:33

MrWilBaker wrote:Are there any spaces left on a 'pre-booked' game?

If not, is anybody able to bring 'Camel Up' this week? I fancy some silly, camel-betting fun!

Was going to bring 'Ticket to Ride - Europe' as well.

I'll bring Camel Up along, I quite fancy another game of that.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattel Wed 27 May 2015, 10:01

So 3 different games played for me this week and a very good time all round, though I must go home after just one game of Cowvalon next week!

Thanks for bringing games along Evan I really enjoyed Stone Age, it played well with myself as a new-to-the-game player, you, Alex, and Daniel. Glad to see I didn't totally disgrace myself - I would play that again in a heartbeat - so many good games.

Just a note to say that while I really enjoyed the overall game of Stone Age (it does feel very complicated and in-depth without being too much to take in - for a first timer) I felt the game of Splendour we played first was even better. A really really neat little game built on a simple mechanic that's easy to pickup - but as I managed to show - not so easy to master. It played well with 3 players, but hats off to Daniel and his ploy of keeping his cards right until the end then jumping up to 15 points. I'm considering buying this game based on that play alone - I'd be keen to try it again at some point if you don't mind bringing it down.

The obligatory Cowvalon at the end of the night with 4 players I'd never played with before in Gareth, Will, Andy and Daniel. I think Danial and Andy were pretty familiar with the game but either I've never played with them before or they were new to Sheff gamers. The unfamiliarity with almost half the team meant it was a very interesting couple of games. I got a standard townsperson in the first where we picked the outlaws all too easily thanks to a combination of very bad luck for the outlaws and ridiculously good luck for the townsfolk - I managed to pick the perfect team as a vanilla townie so got all the Pinkerton/Merlin suspicion which compounded some poor luck for the bad guys. Coupled with Daniel being an outlaw, me not knowing his playstyle and his playstyle seeming to be very outlaw to me it was a quick game and an odd introduction I'd expect for the 2 brand new players who must have wondered what was going on as it moved along so rapidly.

The second game was more like normal with a good amount of suspicion flying around but some solid logic from Karl backed by excellent town play from Will and Andy meaning town pegged Aneurin, Danial and myself as the outlaws and came from 1-2 down on the missions to make it 3-2 and take the game to a Kid/Assassin attempt on the Pinkerton man/Merlin.

Aneurin had the hots for Karl and I thought Andy was playing too obviously Merlin for it to be him, Daniel settled on Karl as he was confident it wasn't Nicole, Will, or Gareth. It was Andy - ARGH.

Never again will I say it's too obvious or too easy for someone to have a certain role. Good play from town when it looked like the outlaws could get a third failed mission and a critical 2 wanted tokens on Aneurin meant the outlaws failed.

Good fun and great to see a some new faces and a couple of new players to Cowvalon. The hats worked a treat indicating who's on the team however they still need to cope with Jamie........

Mattel
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 27 May 2015, 10:45

Thanks for the write up Matt. You have to watch out for Andy! He's a bit sneaky!!!

Am sure the hats will cope with me just fine! Wink Smile
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattel Wed 27 May 2015, 10:48

Jamie wrote:Thanks for the write up Matt. You have to watch out for Andy! He's a bit sneaky!!!

Perhaps in part tribute to you Jamie - Karl did ask "sorry, who's on the team again"..........

Mattel
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattel Wed 27 May 2015, 10:50

Jamie wrote:Thanks for the write up Matt. You have to watch out for Andy! He's a bit sneaky!!!

Oh and it became very clear Andy knows the game very very well. I was pretty confident that as outlaws we had it in the bag but his logic through the outlaws DIDNT vote for this team because it was a bad one for them etc swung Karl his way (if he wasn't already) and won over the 50-50-ers I think.

They had a block of Karl-Andy-Will who were confident enough in each other to drive the win and pick a perfect team.

Mattel
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilevan Wed 27 May 2015, 16:09

Yes Matt - There's a lot of depth to Splendor for such an uncomplicated game - glad you liked it!... I bring it down pretty often so you're welcome to play whenever!! I enjoyed Stone Age too - first time I've played with 4 people... great write up by the way! Very Happy
Evilevan
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2