Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday September 1st - University Arms

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tuesday September 1st - University Arms Empty Tuesday September 1st - University Arms

Post  PaulC Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:06

Twilight Struggle anyone?
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Tuesday September 1st - University Arms Empty Re: Tuesday September 1st - University Arms

Post  karl_b Wed 26 Aug 2015, 13:47

Yes! It'll be nice being humiliated by someone other than Anuerin and after bailinv on Roll... last night, I owe you a game!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tuesday September 1st - University Arms Empty Re: Tuesday September 1st - University Arms

Post  DaveB Wed 26 Aug 2015, 14:12

I should be along this time! No idea what I fancy playing right now though Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:35

Could i interest anyone in trying to play a print and play game I've built of "The Thing"?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/75828/thing

Small disclaimer in that I haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet, so the first try will need people willing to muddle through it with me. But it looks really interesting.
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  psychomansam Sun 30 Aug 2015, 07:33

Anyone got and want to play:
Trajan
Imperial settlers
Lewis&Clark
Lords of Waterdeep
Dominant Species
?
psychomansam
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin Sun 30 Aug 2015, 08:07

Im playing Alchemists - only a 4 player. PaulG is 1... Hopefully Alex is 2. That leaves 1 spot.

Alchemists - Alex, PaulyG, Psycho-Sam & Myself

Last edited by Aneurin on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 09:24; edited 1 time in total
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psychomansam Sun 30 Aug 2015, 08:11

Oh go on then. Be interesting to see some app integration.
Will we get time for some roll ftg after?
psychomansam
psychomansam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin Sun 30 Aug 2015, 08:43

I would think so. It should take between 1-2 hours. I also have lewis and Clark, imperial Settlers... But was going to bring viceroy, discoveries and Peurto Rico
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Sun 30 Aug 2015, 13:52

Aneurin wrote:Im playing Alchemists - only a 4 player. PaulG is 1... Hopefully Alex is 2. That leaves 1 spot.

I love this game, shame I missed it, if anyone drops out, I'll take their place!
AndyM
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Sun 30 Aug 2015, 15:05

Tom and I are playing 5 Tribes with the expansion leaving two places available?

1, DaveB
2, BeardyTom
3, Wired

Last edited by DaveB on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:10; edited 1 time in total
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Sun 30 Aug 2015, 15:47

DaveB wrote:Tom and I are playing 5 Tribes with the expansion leaving two places available?

I'll join
AndyM
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilevan Mon 31 Aug 2015, 08:18

JohnH wrote:Could i interest anyone in trying to play a print and play game I've built of "The Thing"?

Small disclaimer in that I haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet, so the first try will need people willing to muddle through it with me. But it looks really interesting.

I love "The Thing" - I'll give this a go! - I'm not big on "pure" co-ops.... but I'm assuming there's some kind of traitor mechanic if you get infected?? Very Happy
Evilevan
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Mon 31 Aug 2015, 08:56

Anything I can join? Or I can bring Archipelago if anyone fancies that?
Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Aneurin Mon 31 Aug 2015, 09:24

Hugh & anyone else I missed (that has or wants to pay their £2 membership) - I'm putting in another order for '10% off at Patriot Games' key fobs. Can you put your full real name here so I can update our database. Ta
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon 31 Aug 2015, 09:40

Oh no! I can't make it this Tuesday and I really want to play Archipelago. Can we play it next week (even if it gets played this Tuesday too)?
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH Mon 31 Aug 2015, 10:43

evan wrote:
JohnH wrote:Could i interest anyone in trying to play a print and play game I've built of "The Thing"?

I love "The Thing" - I'll give this a go! - I'm not big on "pure" co-ops.... but I'm assuming there's some kind of traitor mechanic if you get infected?? Very Happy

I have since tried it out and it's a fun game. There are dice, and cards, and worker placement (ish) mechanics. Timing of doing things is also really important we found.

Basic premise is the outpost players are trying to accomplish various things (plot of the film, basically, although there is a bit of randomness in there and side tasks). It starts as a 1 player (The Thing) vs everyone else (number of outpost players + remaining non player characters), but throughout the game The Thing infects either the players or non player characters and causes trouble (attacking, sabotaging, and generally annoying). There's also a really nice touch where The Thing can choose to not infect someone, but do the same action as if they were. The game is really geared towards creating paranoia and getting to the point where nobody trusts anybody.

It culminates in a massive end fight (or brawl depending on how many Things there are, and if they want to reveal themselves) and then either burning down the complex or waiting to see what happens/if there are any things left. Obviously, if you're that paranoid you'll just vote for burning it down, but if there aren't any Things left, and you burn, you lose. There are various ways to win/lose as well (for The Thing too).

Basic game plays 2-4, but there is an expansion (which I've also printed) to go up to 6.
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:01

Aneurin wrote:Hugh & anyone else I missed (that has or wants to pay their £2 membership) - I'm putting in another order for '10% off at Patriot Games' key fobs. Can you put your full real name here so I can update our database. Ta

Sure, Dale Williams.
Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:02

Jamie wrote:Oh no! I can't make it this Tuesday and I really want to play Archipelago. Can we play it next week (even if it gets played this Tuesday too)?

No probs. I'll bring it next week as well.
Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilevan Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:08

"It culminates in a massive end fight (or brawl depending on how many Things there are, and if they want to reveal themselves) and then either burning down the complex or waiting to see what happens/if there are any things left. Obviously, if you're that paranoid you'll just vote for burning it down, but if there aren't any Things left, and you burn, you lose. There are various ways to win/lose as well (for The Thing too)."

Sounds good to me! - Who else is up for it? Very Happy
Evilevan
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:46

hughcumber wrote:
Jamie wrote:Oh no! I can't make it this Tuesday and I really want to play Archipelago. Can we play it next week (even if it gets played this Tuesday too)?

No probs. I'll bring it next week as well.

Thanks! Looks like a fab game, been wanting to play it for ages, see you on the 8th! Smile
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Camille&Pierre Mon 31 Aug 2015, 19:04

hughcumber wrote:Anything I can join? Or I can bring Archipelago if anyone fancies that?

Looks interesting, count us in (2 people) Very Happy

Camille&Pierre
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Mon 31 Aug 2015, 20:03

Looks like I'll be getting there a bit late. Probably about 7.30.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Mon 31 Aug 2015, 21:12

CamF wrote:
hughcumber wrote:Anything I can join? Or I can bring Archipelago if anyone fancies that?

Looks interesting, count us in (2 people)  Very Happy

Very Happy So that's 3 for Archipelago then. Room for 2 more if anyone else is interested.
Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fergus Mon 31 Aug 2015, 23:32

The Thing sounds interesting... I like social / hidden traitor games. I'll try and swot up on the rules tomorrow Smile
Fergus
Fergus
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Tue 01 Sep 2015, 11:55

Fergus wrote:The Thing sounds interesting... I like social / hidden traitor games.  I'll try and swot up on the rules tomorrow Smile

Me too! The Thing looks very interesting. Pity I won't be there to play it. We sometimes play Avalon on a Tuesday, which is another excellent social / hidden traitor game. Hopefully someone else will bring their copy tonight...
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next