Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  paulyg Fri 23 Oct 2015, 12:50

Lizzy wrote:Paulyg, any tournaments in the event listing for Paulygcon?
Not yet... Want to organise one???

paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2032
Join date : 2014-03-09

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  paulyg Fri 23 Oct 2015, 12:51

DaveB wrote:
PaulG wrote:
DaveB wrote:I was lobbying for La Boca last year which I still think would work well but I don't remember it being a massively popular suggestion, so on balance I'd probably vote for PitchCar
Oooh, La Boca is a good shout (even though I'm terrible at it). Definitely simple and has some of the same spectator draw (not to mention tongue-biting as you want to shout 'OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED TO MOVE THE RED BIT TO THE RIGHT AND HIDE IT UNDER THE YELLOW'). I think we have a few copies between us too. Only problem I can see is that you'd end up with a winning 'team' of 2. Game of Twilight Struggle to separate winner & runner-up? ;-)

Um... what? I've never seen a draw in La Boca...
Oh! You're quite right. I'm an idiot. Disregard this 'con'.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2032
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Greenhill

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Lizzy Fri 23 Oct 2015, 12:51

DaveB wrote:
PaulG wrote:
DaveB wrote:I was lobbying for La Boca last year which I still think would work well but I don't remember it being a massively popular suggestion, so on balance I'd probably vote for PitchCar
Oooh, La Boca is a good shout (even though I'm terrible at it). Definitely simple and has some of the same spectator draw (not to mention tongue-biting as you want to shout 'OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED TO MOVE THE RED BIT TO THE RIGHT AND HIDE IT UNDER THE YELLOW'). I think we have a few copies between us too. Only problem I can see is that you'd end up with a winning 'team' of 2. Game of Twilight Struggle to separate winner & runner-up? ;-)

Um... what? I've never seen a draw in La Boca...

Kes and I drew once. But we both massively cheated so we just couldn't tell which one of us had won.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Lizzy Fri 23 Oct 2015, 13:02

PaulG wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Paulyg, any tournaments in the event listing for Paulygcon?
Not yet... Want to organise one???

Let's do it! Not sure if we'd have enough people at once to do La Boca or KoT though. Maybe a 2 player game would be better.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2013-05-24
Location : Hillsborough

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  paulyg Fri 23 Oct 2015, 14:09

Lizzy wrote:
PaulG wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Paulyg, any tournaments in the event listing for Paulygcon?
Not yet... Want to organise one???

Let's do it! Not sure if we'd have enough people at once to do La Boca or KoT though. Maybe a 2 player game would be better.
Yeah, that could work. I'd fancy my chances at Lost Cities...
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2032
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Greenhill

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Jamie Sun 25 Oct 2015, 21:33

PaulG wrote:And, not as a tournament game, but as an additional fun 'Christmas activity' it might be nice to see if we could have a big game of Two Rooms & A Boom? I think someone has the print n play?

I agree, it's an awesome, fun, social game; we should totally play it again. Maybe even introduce some additional special roles this time (there are loads). I can print a copy if no-one else has it.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  karl_b Mon 26 Oct 2015, 18:02

Two Rooms and a Boom is ace. Make it so.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 35
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  AndyM Thu 29 Oct 2015, 14:39

Me and the wife (Becky) Would like to come.

I'd like to bring a long a game called Roadzters - it's pitch car with a weighted ball (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIS5dhZnqU) it's pretty hard but it allows you to curve the ball round a corner and do skill shots etc.
Would happily run a mini competition on it
AndyM
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 194
Join date : 2015-07-27
Age : 36
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Jamie Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:57

AndyM wrote:Me and the wife (Becky) Would like to come.

I'd like to bring a long a game called Roadzters - it's pitch car with a weighted ball (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIS5dhZnqU) it's pretty hard but it allows you to curve the ball round a corner and do skill shots etc.
Would happily run a mini competition on it

Yeah, definitely bring that!

We should also have a massive 9 player game of 'Christmas Eclipse'! (kinda like normal Eclipse but all the ships have Christmas party hats on, and are pulled by reindeer)

santa santa santa

Any takers? No? Oh, okay then...
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  paulyg Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:05

Jamie wrote:We should also have a massive 9 player game of 'Christmas Eclipse'! (kinda like normal Eclipse but all the ships have Christmas party hats on, and are pulled by reindeer)

santa santa santa

Any takers? No? Oh, okay then...
I am expecting Aneurin to come up with Christmas Avalon (Santa & Elves vs The Grinch?)
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2032
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Greenhill

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Jamie Fri 30 Oct 2015, 11:21

PaulG wrote:
Jamie wrote:We should also have a massive 9 player game of 'Christmas Eclipse'! (kinda like normal Eclipse but all the ships have Christmas party hats on, and are pulled by reindeer)

santa santa santa

Any takers? No? Oh, okay then...
I am expecting Aneurin to come up with Christmas Avalon (Santa & Elves vs The Grinch?)

Oooh oooh nice idea!
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  karl_b Fri 30 Oct 2015, 15:41

Aneurin and I may already have discussed this....

Where is he anyway? He was going to provide an update!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 35
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Aneurin Sun 01 Nov 2015, 17:36

Gee can't a guy catch a break on holiday Wink. I will start a new post...
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2917
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  karl_b Thu 05 Nov 2015, 13:41

There's no holiday from SBGC admin!

(Thanks)
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 35
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Christmas Party 2015 - old discussions

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum