Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 16th Feb

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  DaveB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 08:29

I'm planning to play a game of Fury of Dracula this week - something I've been wanting to play for years...

A few folk have already expressed interest in this, but there is a slot remaining if anyone wants to join in:

1, DaveB
2, PaulC
3, PaulG
4, Kat
5, Colonial Andy


Last edited by DaveB on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 43
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Andy S Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:40

DaveB wrote:I'm planning to play a game of Fury of Dracula this week - something I've been wanting to play for years...

A few folk have already expressed interest in this, but there is a slot remaining if anyone wants to join in:

I'd like to play please. I've never played, but I'll try to read up on the rules and/or watch a tutorial ahead of time.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 216
Join date : 2015-03-29
Location : Woodhouse

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  DaveB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:42

Colonial Andy wrote:I'd like to play please.  I've never played, but I'll try to read up on the rules and/or watch a tutorial ahead of time.

You're in Smile

I don't think any of us have played at this point. I'm going to go through all the rules this week and maybe set up a game and go through a how-to vid over the weekend - I know SU&SD put one out a couple of weeks back.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 43
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  JohnH Tue 09 Feb 2016, 14:04

DaveB wrote:
Colonial Andy wrote:I'd like to play please.  I've never played, but I'll try to read up on the rules and/or watch a tutorial ahead of time.

You're in Smile

I don't think any of us have played at this point. I'm going to go through all the rules this week and maybe set up a game and go through a how-to vid over the weekend - I know SU&SD put one out a couple of weeks back.



I'd suggest using the advanced rules (Dracula's powers, rumour tokens, lairs) straight away. Adds so much more to the game for very little extra rule learning (mostly on Dracula's part) and helps with balancing.



here are the rules online:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c8/cf/c8cffe78-fc06-4841-8703-c89997fbd43e/gw09_learn_to_play.pdf



JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Jamie Tue 09 Feb 2016, 14:59

Spheres of Influence:

1. Jamie
2. JJohnP
3. Sam
4. Jon M
5. bigpaulie
6. nicf

NOW *definitely* FULL

NOTE: We could extend the number of seats beyond 4, but then it's only 1 faction per player. Maybe worth doing for 6 players.

ALSO: I'll bring this next week too, so if anyone has missed out and wants to give it a go; like Arnie, 'I'll be back!' (with the game)...


Last edited by Jamie on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 16:55; edited 4 times in total
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Andy S Tue 09 Feb 2016, 15:41

JohnH wrote:I'd suggest using the advanced rules (Dracula's powers, rumour tokens, lairs) straight away. Adds so much more to the game for very little extra rule learning (mostly on Dracula's part) and helps with balancing.

That's interesting. I watched the SU&SD video on my lunch and Quinns expressly recommended leaving the advanced rules out for your first play. I'm happy either way, whatever the other players want to do. That video did make it look awesome. I hope I'm not Dracula though; I'm sure I'd fumble around and end up coming across less Bela Lugosi, more Leslie Nielsen.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Posts : 216
Join date : 2015-03-29
Location : Woodhouse

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  DaveB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 15:44

Colonial Andy wrote:
JohnH wrote:I'd suggest using the advanced rules (Dracula's powers, rumour tokens, lairs) straight away. Adds so much more to the game for very little extra rule learning (mostly on Dracula's part) and helps with balancing.

That's interesting.  I watched the SU&SD video on my lunch and Quinns expressly recommended leaving the advanced rules out for your first play.  I'm happy either way, whatever the other players want to do.  That video did make it look awesome.  I hope I'm not Dracula though; I'm sure I'd fumble around and end up coming across less Bela Lugosi, more Leslie Nielsen.

I was going to suggest a random selection from players interested in playing as Dracula Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 43
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  JohnH Tue 09 Feb 2016, 16:45

Colonial Andy wrote:
JohnH wrote:I'd suggest using the advanced rules (Dracula's powers, rumour tokens, lairs) straight away. Adds so much more to the game for very little extra rule learning (mostly on Dracula's part) and helps with balancing.

That's interesting.  I watched the SU&SD video on my lunch and Quinns expressly recommended leaving the advanced rules out for your first play.  I'm happy either way, whatever the other players want to do.  That video did make it look awesome.  I hope I'm not Dracula though; I'm sure I'd fumble around and end up coming across less Bela Lugosi, more Leslie Nielsen.


It is awesome.

If you're going to play a 2 and a half to 3 hour game you want the fullest experience, and playing with the advanced rules from the off really does add so much to it (the powers and rumours especially, lairs i'm a bit meh about as they're very situational and more often than not just never occur in a game). Dracula can do so much more, which in itself is good because he/she will have a lot of downtime to consider their moves.
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  karl_b Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:04

Euro night with Aneurin and Karl anyone?
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 35
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  JohnH Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:12

karl_b wrote:Euro night with Aneurin and Karl anyone?

kanban?

yes
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Posts : 340
Join date : 2015-06-02

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Jamie Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:37

karl_b wrote:Euro night with Aneurin and Karl anyone?

How about Salam? For later on in the evening...
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  karl_b Tue 09 Feb 2016, 18:47

Ah Kanban, because why not unwind from a hard day's work with a hard night's work. I'm in!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 35
Location : Norton, Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Aneurin Tue 09 Feb 2016, 19:44

karl_b wrote:Ah Kanban, because why not unwind from a hard day's work with a hard night's work. I'm in!

It's in the bag already - are we playing with a mean Sandra this time?
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2917
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Jamie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:10

Jamie wrote:Anyone want to play Eclipse? Ideally starting at 6:30...

Alternatively, Spheres of Influence is due to arrive in 2 to 3 days (after their first attempt at delivery went awry - long story), so would be happy to play that too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1g-RzNZRk8
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  BeardyTom Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:41

I'd like to play Kanban again, please.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Posts : 838
Join date : 2014-09-02
Age : 45
Location : Nether Edge/Highfield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  PaulC Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:52

As requested, I'll be bringing Viticulture and Tuscany again. I won't be playing, but the game will be available for those who want to play.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Posts : 1750
Join date : 2013-06-17
Age : 48
Location : Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Aneurin Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:03

That's Kanban full then with myself, Karlb, JohnH and TomC.
I have Deception for afterwards also.
Aneurin
Aneurin
Starting player token

Posts : 2917
Join date : 2011-07-20
Age : 41
Location : Deepcar

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Fury of Dracula

Post  bigpaulie Thu 11 Feb 2016, 19:30

Hi Daveb, still got a space on fury of Dracula or has it been taken?
bigpaulie
bigpaulie
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-02-05
Age : 45
Location : Hertfordshire / Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  DaveB Thu 11 Feb 2016, 20:18

bigpaulie wrote:Hi Daveb, still got a space on fury of Dracula or has it been taken?

Afraid it's fully booked - next time perhaps? Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 43
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty fury of dracula

Post  bigpaulie Thu 11 Feb 2016, 20:22

no worries daveb, keen to play so keep me in mind for next time?

cheers
bigpaulie
bigpaulie
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-02-05
Age : 45
Location : Hertfordshire / Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Jamie Fri 12 Feb 2016, 09:04

Woo! Spheres of Influence has arrived. Who wants to struggle for global supremacy?...
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-08-03
Location : Camelot (nr Intake)

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  DaveB Sun 14 Feb 2016, 12:19

Colonial Andy wrote:I watched the SU&SD video on my lunch...

I've just watched this - worth everyone taking a look if they have a spare 20min - explains it far better than I can Smile

Looking forward to playing!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2013-06-18
Age : 43
Location : Deepcar

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  paulyg Sun 14 Feb 2016, 13:11

DaveB wrote:
Colonial Andy wrote:I watched the SU&SD video on my lunch...

I've just watched this - worth everyone taking a look if they have a spare 20min - explains it far better than I can Smile

Looking forward to playing!
Yes, great video!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Posts : 2032
Join date : 2014-03-09
Age : 42
Location : Greenhill

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Joshua Mon 15 Feb 2016, 16:10

Jamie wrote:Woo! Spheres of Influence has arrived. Who wants to struggle for global supremacy?...

I would! I love supremacy. But I don't like struggling... Let's see how it goes.
Joshua
Joshua
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-09-13
Age : 30
Location : Park Hill

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  SamVS Mon 15 Feb 2016, 16:42

I'll take a spot in Spheres of Influence, too. Sounds cool.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Posts : 1184
Join date : 2013-07-17

http://sam-outlands.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 16th Feb Empty Re: Tuesday 16th Feb

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum